DENON AVR-X1300W: Advice needed on 5.1 Speakers/Subwoofer setup

technobhatt

Dear All,

After slight research, I have decided on buying the DENON AVR-X1300W to hook it up with following TV and BluRay Player I have been enjoying since last 8 months.
- Sony XD93 55
- Panasonic dmp-ub900 4K Ultra HD Bluray Player

Why DENON AVR-X1300W?

This is my first time of buying an AVR. I was looking for an entry level AVR which has the 4K inputs with HDCP 2.2 HDMI specs in and out to support the TV and BD player I have currently.
This is the cheapest and good one I figured out at my location. I confirmed, No step down transformer needed as this will be according to the local 230/240 volts -50hz standards.
In US they have other entry level models such as S-920/720 available; however these are not available at my location or I would have gone for S-920. So X1300W is next best and cheapest option available at my location.
Denon AVRX1300WBKE2 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver

What I need:-

DENON AVR-X1300W supports upto 7.2 channels; however currently I am not in a position to setup a 7.2 home theater. I live in a Studio Apartment (around 450 Square feet) and I dont think there is enough space to accommodate a 7.1 or 7.2 setup; so 5.1 should be good enough.
Therefore I am looking for suggestion on setting up a decent 5.1 speakers and subwoofer in my small room.
My primary use is watching TV shows and movies via Netflix, Amazon Prime, Bluray discs, Downloads, Kodi etc.

Bookshelf or the tiny ones? What brand and all?
Please feel free to provide any suggestions.

Regards.

You can consider KEF Q series for your AVR.

Hi, thanks for the guidance.
If possible, could you please point out the model numbers? Also I am not sure from the pictures how big they could be? The tall ones would be too big for the space I have...

Budget?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk
Ohh... I realised I forgot to add this important point.
~ INR 70K or USD 1000
However I'm fine stretching it up a little if really needed. That's for whole speaker package including subwoofer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you can post some plan or image of your room/setup, you can get better suggestions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You have a fine AVR and blu ray player. In my opinion Rs 70k will not do justice to these. Audio plays a large role in a satisfying movie experience. You could choose to build up the audio set-up in stages.

If you do want to limit yourself to 70k, look at Wharfedale, Mission (discounts at present), Taga for the 5.0. All these are available from hifimart.
Taga, Velodyne, Wharfedale for the subwoofer.
Or the Morel soundspot 5.1 package, also available on hifimart.

If you can post some plan or image of your room/setup, you can get better suggestions

That's a good idea :)
This is the tiny little place I got....
20f6bya.jpg

You have a fine AVR and blu ray player. In my opinion Rs 70k will not do justice to these. Audio plays a large role in a satisfying movie experience. You could choose to build up the audio set-up in stages.

If you do want to limit yourself to 70k, look at Wharfedale, Mission (discounts at present), Taga for the 5.0. All these are available from hifimart.
Taga, Velodyne, Wharfedale for the subwoofer.
Or the Morel soundspot 5.1 package, also available on hifimart.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
Unfortunately the place is not much big!
About the AVR, I wanted it future proof so if I move to new place; I can trade and upgrade the speakers later. Haven't bought it yet; but this is what I have finalized according to my need and the many reviews I came across.
Could you have another look at the pic of the room I posted and share your opinion again if possible?

On the right side, because of the bed, placing tower speaker will be problematic. You can look at a pair of good bookshelves and matching center to start with. Subwoofer and surrounds can be added when budget permits

Hi, thanks for the guidance.
If possible, could you please point out the model numbers? Also I am not sure from the pictures how big they could be? The tall ones would be too big for the space I have...

In 70k budget you can't get 5.1 package in Q series.My suggestion is first build 2.1 and add surrounds later and space wise also no need surrounds for your room if u takes powerful 2.1. Bookshelf speakers only suitable and it is enough also. KEF Q300 is a best match for your AVR.

You have to go with small bookshelves or satellites. Towers or large bookshelves may sound boomy in the small room. In any case large speakers make sense only if you are using for music as well since all low frequencies are handled by the sub in a home theatre setup.
Do ensure you are directly in front of the centre and equidistant from the fronts. It is not clear from the picture whether the seating position is directly in front if the TV or at an angle.
Do also Google "rear speakers couch against wall" or similar.

You have to go with small bookshelves or satellites. Towers or large bookshelves may sound boomy in the small room. In any case large speakers make sense only if you are using for music as well since all low frequencies are handled by the sub in a home theatre setup.
Do ensure you are directly in front of the centre and equidistant from the fronts. It is not clear from the picture whether the seating position is directly in front if the TV or at an angle.
Do also Google "rear speakers couch against wall" or similar.
Thanks Naturelover :)
The TV is in front of the seating position. The touching line of Sofa and Bed goes through the middle of the TV. That I did intentionally to be able to watch in both while sitting and laying on bed. I can move them a little left or right if I have to. I'm gonna buy a proper TV table from Ikea to keep the AVR, front and center speakers.
I have used Satellite speakers with an old Onkyo HT... Those were great for the room, but I am thinking of buying at least small bookshelves if not the big ones...
Any suggestions for small bookshelves along with a decent subwoofer in this budget?
I can move the budget a little up if there is really a great option available.

Look at polk signature series s15 bookshelves and psw110 subwoofer. Will cost less than 40 k. Add another 20-25 k for center
Other options dali zensor 1 plus zensor vokal plus taga/polk/ sonodyne sub

You can also consider
Boston Acoustics A25/A225C/ASW250
Available on hifimart at heavy idscounts.

Also subwoofers Velodyne Impact 10/12 or Polk DSW series.

There is nothing wrong with dx1 but it is a sub/sat system after all. In this wide room it may not work very well. As most people have suggested, good bookshelves plus center and if possible sub would fill the room better. Suggest to audition a few sub/sat systems, bookshelf based 3.0, 3.1, 5.0, 5.1 configurations, then you can yourself decide what is best for you in your budget

Thanks Naturelover :)
The TV is in front of the seating position. The touching line of Sofa and Bed goes through the middle of the TV. That I did intentionally to be able to watch in both while sitting and laying on bed. I can move them a little left or right if I have to. I'm gonna buy a proper TV table from Ikea to keep the AVR, front and center speakers.
I have used Satellite speakers with an old Onkyo HT... Those were great for the room, but I am thinking of buying at least small bookshelves if not the big ones...
Any suggestions for small bookshelves along with a decent subwoofer in this budget?
I can move the budget a little up if there is really a great option available.

I recently got the same AVR and paired it up with Polk RTI A1 bookshelves and Polk 150C Center. I actually went for complete 5.1 combo including Polk OWM3 for surrounds and PSW 110 sub and it costed me around 57k. If you are starting out with 2.1 only then look for RTI A1 speakers (21k pair) and 150C Center speaker (around 12k). I am happy so far with it.

Thanks,
Dushyant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can also use Sonodyne Genie 1 with an 10" subwoofer. Would happily fit into your budget and gives a stunning performance with Denon

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back