Denon AVT 1912 + Energy Take Classic 5.1

you get error for items which is not directly fulfilled by amazon, for the ones directly fulfilled by amazon they will ship it to anywhere inclding india

Hi Vine,
Congrats on your purchase! This is a very good deal, especially for the AVR and also for the ETC 5.0.
For those wanting to buy Denon 1912 - this may be useful input - last week one of my colleague (a fellow member of this forum) ordered 1912 AVR from amazon.de for a very similar price (< 30k including shipping and customs). He ordered it last Monday (13th Feb) and the item got delivered to his Bangalore address on Friday (17th Feb), which I thought was wonderful. The same friend also found some very good deals on HECO (Victa series) floorstanders and BS speakers. There are also good deals available for Canton Movies MX125 5.1 speaker system, which is rated highly in most reviews.
I myself bought something (Optoma 3D-XL) from amazon.de last month and found that item was cheaper in amazon.de comapred to amazon.com. In general, amazon.de appears to be a good option for some AV equipments, especially because of the low shipping charges and quick delivery.

Last edited:
Hey Vine,

Congratulations on the purchase. Thats a great price point you got it for. Enjoy your purchase.

I just had a query about the Warranty. Will it be valid in India?

The products are already in transit and its through UPS so should be getting it soon. As Saumitra updated, in 5 flat days the the product is delivered it home. That's really cool.

you get error for items which is not directly fulfilled by amazon, for the ones directly fulfilled by amazon they will ship it to anywhere inclding india

Well, that is not true for all the cases. In case of Denon 1612 I have tried that.
The cheaper option is from some other seller, and even if I prefer to use amazon.co.uk at higher price, still that is not shipped to India.

We are not able to dispatch this item to your default delivery address.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

Well, that is not true for all the cases. In case of Denon 1612 I have tried that.
The cheaper option is from some other seller, and even if I prefer to use amazon.co.uk at higher price, still that is not shipped to India.

denon 1612 is fulfiled by other seller and not amazon.co.uk thats why u will get that error , try searcing a product which is only sold and fulfilled ny amazon.co.uk then they will ship it to india

anyways I dont find it good to import these costly items, bcoz they dont give warranty or denon india wont repair it if something goes wrong

denon 1612 is fulfiled by other seller and not amazon.co.uk thats why u will get that error , try searcing a product which is only sold and fulfilled ny amazon.co.uk then they will ship it to india

anyways I dont find it good to import these costly items, bcoz they dont give warranty or denon india wont repair it if something goes wrong
I don't know. I just tried for the heck of it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDPS48...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330183245&sr=1-2
Sony BDPS480B.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Player BRAVIA Internet Video (Wireless LAN Ready)
by Sony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RRP: 309.00
Price: 99.95 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
Deal Price:
You Save: 209.05 (68%)

In stock.

Also ordered the ETC 5.0 pack from US, some good deals from NewEgg.com between $150-180 (I bought at the higher end). Some of my friends coming from US will get these ETC speakers as without subwoofer these will not weight much.

So finally should get a 5.1 setup ready up and running once I get all the things by March first week. And will update on the overall experience.
K

Hi Vine,

Hope you have received your ETC 5.0 too by now. Can you please let me know, if you had to shell out something extra in customs / duty etc. in transit, while getting them through your friends?

Regards,
Manish

Hi Vine,

Hope you have received your ETC 5.0 too by now. Can you please let me know, if you had to shell out something extra in customs / duty etc. in transit, while getting them through your friends?

Regards,
Manish

I got my energy rc-micro 5.0 speakers from US last week thru my friend. No issues with customs in chennai. The total weight along with the original packaging for rc-mirco was around 3 kgs so hardly some customs fellow will notice. I think ETC would be slightly more weight than mine so should not be any issue with customs to bring in personal baggage.

Thanks

No Nothing extra as the limit if INR 25K if bringing it as personal baggage.

Just yesterday only I got the speakers... so this weekend I should be setting things up
finally. Got the speaker mounts also locally.

Just yesterday only I got the speakers... so this weekend I should be setting things up

Great...! Thanks for info Vine and Manniraj...! And congratulations on getting them :)

Please post your reviews for sure, including how these packages are faring in terms of music listening too.

Regards,
Manish

Vine, How do they sound , did you get a chance to set them up ?

I have set them up and they do sound good. But then I feel that they are quite small
sometimes as my setup is not in a dedicated room but in a drawing dinning area which is much bigger. But anyways in the apartments can't go bigger then that without disturbing neighbors.

I had bought wall mounts and placed the speakers around 2" from the wall and 14g cable.

I am tempted to go for Heco Victa, but right now dont want to spend further.

Vine, how does the Kenwood SW-40 HT-BK sound, i was planning to get one of these too. Just wanted to know if you feel they are adequate.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back