Denon AVT 1912 + Energy Take Classic 5.1

psrchaks

Dear all,
Planning to go for this combination of HT.

A/V receiver: Denon AVR-1912
Speakers and sub woofer: Energy Take Classic 5.1

My room size is around 12 x 20. Please suggest if this is the right combination.

Thanks

For your room size denon 1912 is enough. But I think ETC is not available anywhere. Please post your budget.

Energy Take Classic 5.1 cannot be the best choice for AVR 1912.This speaker can be good match for 1312/1612.I dont say they will sound bad,but better speakers should be paired with better AVR.

Yes, if you are inclined towards AVR then build a component speaker package, preferably with floorstanders. If you like ETC, then stick to Denon 1612.

You can consider Klipsch HDT500, Boston soundware xs , Paradigm cinema, cambridge audio minx and tannoys.... Most are available with bangalore av stores, you can audition and decide.

I'm using ETC with 1910. They are perfect match. I tried different combinations, Used 1610 + ETC for a month before changing amp to 1910. For me ETC sounded better with 1910 than 1610.

I am using Denon 1912 with Klipsch 1000D, they are perfect for movies, ok for Music. I am not sure if you will get Klipsch here in India.

Energy Take Classic 5.1

I have a reciever which has ac power input of 120volts & 2 small pins plug. How can i connect this to ac mains here which has 230volts & 3pin socket?please suggest me...

I believe you brought your receiver from US. Then you need to get a step down transformer with atleast 1.5 times of your receiver wattage. Look under the surround/amplifiers section there are many threads which speak about the brands and other precautions to be taken for step down transformers.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Finally after months of holding back, even I am finally going this route.

Ordered the Denon 1912 from amazon.de along with a not so costly sub Kenwood SW-40 HT-BK and OFC speaker cables and Optical cable.

Also ordered the ETC 5.0 pack from US, some good deals from NewEgg.com between $150-180 (I bought at the higher end). Some of my friends coming from US will get these ETC speakers as without subwoofer these will not weight much.

So finally should get a 5.1 setup ready up and running once I get all the things by March first week. And will update on the overall experience.

In future will use 1912's 7.1 capability for 2 additional speaker for zone 2. And keep the HT setup as 5.1 only.

So no more 110 to 220V conversion and Europe model also has MultEQ-XT as compared to US models.

I just need to connect my existing setup of Acer H5360 720P 3D projector and my WD and HTPC with this to enjoy all movies in 3D with great Audio.

Overall cost just coming around 50K

congrats on the purchase.

Even I purchased the energy rc-micro 5.0 speakers in last december for good deal. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive in March last week. I also thought of getting the receiver from amazon.de but some how it did not materialize. Hence brought the yamaha rx-571 7.1 receiver here in Bangalore for 30k with 1 year warranty.
How much the sub costed you and also the shipping/customs charges for this item. I also in need of a sub as the rc-micro would not produce good bass. I am contemplating either go the DIY way (already ordered the GR-SW-12B sub driver thru the groupby here) or go for the ready made one.

Thanks.

Finally after months of holding back, even I am finally going this route.

Ordered the Denon 1912 from amazon.de along with a not so costly sub Kenwood SW-40 HT-BK and OFC speaker cables and Optical cable.

Also ordered the ETC 5.0 pack from US, some good deals from NewEgg.com between $150-180 (I bought at the higher end). Some of my friends coming from US will get these ETC speakers as without subwoofer these will not weight much.

So finally should get a 5.1 setup ready up and running once I get all the things by March first week. And will update on the overall experience.

In future will use 1912's 7.1 capability for 2 additional speaker for zone 2. And keep the HT setup as 5.1 only.

So no more 110 to 220V conversion and Europe model also has MultEQ-XT as compared to US models.

I just need to connect my existing setup of Acer H5360 720P 3D projector and my WD and HTPC with this to enjoy all movies in 3D with great Audio.

Overall cost just coming around 50K

how much did the 1912 cost after all duties taxes etc ?

Denon 1912 costed just under 30K INR from amazon.de including shipping and duties.
Total with the sub, speaker cables and optical cable it costed 600 euro - around 40K INR

You will notice that the price reduces further in cart as VAT is reduced from the original price (org price includes the VAT) and international shipping and duties are added.

For example the Denon 1612 is listed as 299.00 EUR including VAT

After adding in card the final payment is as below

Item: EUR 251.26
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 40.00
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 67.90
Total amount: EUR 359.16

Which is around 24K INR

Also, I see that shipping charges remained the same if you order more stuff only import fee increased. So you can club more things and save.

is the price remains same if we get it from amazon.co.uk...the .de site is not in english

I think the listed prices with shipping will be more if you import thru amazon uk. The prices of amazon.de are close to amazon us. You can open the amazon.de site in google chrome and it automatically detects that its a foreign language site for you and will convert it to english. So it is very easy to check the details in amazon.de site.

Thanks.

is the price remains same if we get it from amazon.co.uk...the .de site is not in english

Most of the items are not shipped from UK even if directly sold and shipped from the amazon.co.uk - you can try Denon 1612, which I tried and got error -

"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below"

Also final price including conversion amazon.de is cheaper.

Regarding the german - while ordering is not an issue using the chrome as it does the conversion of the webpage. Only emails of the order you can't make out much as emails are not translated. But that is ok, you can go back to the page and verify it again in translated English language.

Back