Need a budget HT replacement

vebk

This is in continuation to my earlier thread: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/need-budget-subwoofer-recommendations-30k.93794/
Moving the conversation here as not only has my sub got messed up, but my AVR is also dead. Since my system is now alomst 14 years old, might as well change the whole thing.

Current System:
AVR: Denon AVR-590 (Dead)
Speakers: Energy Take 5 Speaker Set
Sub: Polk Audio PSW110 (Dead)
Current TV: LG 55" OLED C2

Proposed System:
AVR: Denon AVR-X250BT (31K after exchange of my faulty unit)
Speakers and Sub: Elac Cinema 12 5.1 package (69K)
TV: Same.
(Above prices are from an offline dealer with GST bill & manufacturer warranty).

My usage would be 45% TV, 30% Movies, 20% Music and 5% gaming (I usually use a headset).

Does the above sound good? Happy to receive alternate recommendations.

This is in continuation to my earlier thread: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/need-budget-subwoofer-recommendations-30k.93794/
Moving the conversation here as not only has my sub got messed up, but my AVR is also dead. Since my system is now alomst 14 years old, might as well change the whole thing.

Current System:
AVR: Denon AVR-590 (Dead)
Speakers: Energy Take 5 Speaker Set
Sub: Polk Audio PSW110 (Dead)
Current TV: LG 55" OLED C2

Proposed System:
AVR: Denon AVR-X250BT (31K after exchange of my faulty unit)
Speakers and Sub: Elac Cinema 12 5.1 package (69K)
TV: Same.
(Above prices are from an offline dealer with GST bill & manufacturer warranty).

My usage would be 45% TV, 30% Movies, 20% Music and 5% gaming (I usually use a headset).

Does the above sound good? Happy to receive alternate recommendations.

I can vouch for the speakers not too sure about the AVR, please audition before purchase.

Considering you have a fully working speaker system, (except for the sub woofer), why not steer more cash towards a better amplifier and get the sub woofer fixed?

So my AVR should be fixed in another day or so. I have two options:
  1. Buy the Elac 12 and be done with it.
  2. Get my sub repaired (by converting it to a passive sub adn adding a sub amp) and buy a 5.0 speaker system from the U.S. (I have someone who can carry it).
Any recommendations for a 5.0 speaker system from the US?

2. Get my sub repaired (by converting it to a passive sub adn adding a sub amp) and buy a 5.0 speaker system from the U.S. (I have someone who can carry it).
i have a passive sub and amp - works well - bought it from Okhla, NDelhi.
i'm liking Focals spkrs now..

Focal Sib EVO, Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 6D, GoldenEar Super Sat 3 and 3C, PSB etc.

Just great - got an update from the service center that even with the new IC they have been unable to get the AVR working stably, and it is now giving a problem with the centre channel. They are going to order a new IC which will take 15 days which may or may not solve the issue. If it doesn't, then will have to change the whole board which makes no sense because that will cost 30-35K, in which price they will sell me a new x250bt or x550bt.

Suggestions for a new AVR within 40K?

So another aspect was that apparently the x250bt would not do justice to the Elac Cinema 12. So, given that they have not been able to fix my AVR, the service center is willing to sell me the Denon X580BT (which should do justice) for Rs. 40,500 incl GST bill & 1 year mfg warranty after giving me 5K exchange for my old faulty unit.

Should I just go for this and Elac Cinema 12 (70K)?

So another aspect was that apparently the x250bt would not do justice to the Elac Cinema 12. So, given that they have not been able to fix my AVR, the service center is willing to sell me the Denon X580BT (which should do justice) for Rs. 40,500 incl GST bill & 1 year mfg warranty after giving me 5K exchange for my old faulty unit.

Should I just go for this and Elac Cinema 12 (70K)?
Keep your old AVR and regardless of what this seller sells you get them repaired elsewhere.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back