Need budget subwoofer recommendations (~30K)

vebk

So my current sub died (Polk PSW-110) and for repairs I have got a quote of at least Rs. 8,500 with only a 50:50 chance the repairs will be successfull and which will take 7-10 days. I thought this might warrant a replacement and boy, have sub prices shot up in the past few years! Obviously, I don't want anything that would be a downgrade from the Polk.

My usage would be 45% TV, 30% Movies, 20% Music and 5% gaming (I usually use a headset).
My setup is a Denon AVR-590 (currently being repaired) and Energy 5.0 set of speakers.

I haven't found any suitable used subs in the classifieds.

Currently these are the options I am aware of (and I would be grateful for other recommendations). Not looking to spend more than ~30K.
  1. Get my sub repaired (~8.5 to 11k, though they won't charge me anything if the repairs are unsuccessful)
  2. Monitor Audio MRW-10 (quoted @ 40K with gst & warranty)
  3. Elac Debut 2 s10.2 (quoted @32K with gst & warranty)
The dealer highly recommend the above models over the other options I could find in this range (Taga TSW-90 v.4 (27K) and BIC America F-12 Subwoofer (@~37K)).

Appreciate the help!

So my current sub died (Polk PSW-110) and for repairs I have got a quote of at least Rs. 8,500 with only a 50:50 chance the repairs will be successfull and which will take 7-10 days. I thought this might warrant a replacement and boy, have sub prices shot up in the past few years! Obviously, I don't want anything that would be a downgrade from the Polk.

My usage would be 45% TV, 30% Movies, 20% Music and 5% gaming (I usually use a headset).
My setup is a Denon AVR-590 (currently being repaired) and Energy 5.0 set of speakers.

Currently these are the options I am aware of (and I would be grateful for other recommendations). Not looking to spend more than ~30K.
  1. Get my sub repaired (~8.5 to 11k, though they won't charge me anything if the repairs are unsuccessful)
The dealer highly recommend the above models over the other options I could find in this range (Taga TSW-90 v.4 (27K) and BIC America F-12 Subwoofer (@~37K)).

Appreciate the help!
Since your listening more on TV and movies,Taga subwoofer will match to your budget.

The dealer really stressed that the TAGA will be a downgrade from the Polk, and that TAGA, BIC and ELAC, I should definitely go for the ELAC.

Any other recommendations?

The dealer really stressed that the TAGA will be a downgrade from the Polk, and that TAGA, BIC and ELAC, I should definitely go for the ELAC.

Any other recommendations?

Given Sub will be used for TV / Movies most of the time, better to get a ported sub. 12 inch preferably as even then on low volumes, you will still get good bass with punch.

If budget is tight, see pre owned over classifieds / OLX. I am sure there are many options.

Audition with your favorite music / movie content and then make the purchase.

Remember, it should be same or better than your old sub.

All the best!

Given Sub will be used for TV / Movies most of the time, better to get a ported sub. 12 inch preferably as even then on low volumes, you will still get good bass with punch.

If budget is tight, see pre owned over classifieds / OLX. I am sure there are many options.

Audition with your favorite music / movie content and then make the purchase.

Remember, it should be same or better than your old sub.

All the best!
Any recommendations in that range?

The problem is that there are no place that will audition subwoofers, especially in the budget range.

Appreciate the help!
If you are ok with a little space being occupied on your tv unit, you may go for an external subwoofer amplifier and revive your Polk subwoofer. Shall cost you around 6k even less if purchased directly with an year of warranty. Why to throw away such a nice subwoofer.

If you are ok with a little space being occupied on your tv unit, you may go for an external subwoofer amplifier and revive your Polk subwoofer. Shall cost you around 6k even less if purchased directly with an year of warranty. Why to throw away such a nice subwoofer.
Oh that's interesting! How does that work?

Appreciate the help!
i can offer Dali concept sub 12 inch sealed box design.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back