Denon Ceol CD Reciever vs Harman Kardon (JBL) MS150

dhruv990

Hey
I'm planning on getting an ipod dock with CD and FM. I am looking at both the Harman Kardon (The particular model is now shipped as JBL) MS 150 and the Denon Ceol. The added USB is attracting me to the Denon (The MS150 doesnt have it).
But main criteria is sound quality so what do you guys think which is the better sounding of the tow denon or harman?
I'll be listening to a lot of rock, electronica, classical and my parents will listen to old hindi songs.
It's a system that we are getting for our living room so I need the sound to be full and nice and loud. Plus I'm sensitive to mids, more is obviously preferred.
Which one of the two would you recommend?

your data is not sufficient tell me more about ur system whether going to connect to ext amp room size etc dont go by tech specs only .take it as a guide .always listen to the gear and decide, if possible try to listen in ur room with ur familiar song and decide

your data is not sufficient tell me more about ur system whether going to connect to ext amp room size etc dont go by tech specs only .take it as a guide .always listen to the gear and decide, if possible try to listen in ur room with ur familiar song and decide

Hi thanks for the quick reply but here in delhi there aren't any stores that I know of which have these models on display. I'm buying it from the official seller who's listed on snapdeal (Kripa Electronics).
As for more information I can tell you that the Harman MS150 is an inbuilt unit with speakers withing the dock housing, the Denon Ceol comes with two dedicated speakers. Also the Harman MS150 has a peak output of 60 watts whereas the Denon peaks at 120 watts (60 per speaker).
Here are the pics of the two if that halps a little in knowing how the speakers would probably work:
Harman:
MS150_AM.gif

Denon:
m_ceol_001.png

:thumbsup: to the ceol piccolo. My cousin has the same unit but he is replacing the speakers with Amphion Helium 410 in matching full white :licklips:

:thumbsup: to the ceol piccolo. My cousin has the same unit but he is replacing the speakers with Amphion Helium 410 in matching full white :licklips:
Cool, could you tell me how it sounded with the original denon speakers that it shipped with?

Go & listen to both & then take a call.

I can't, they dont give demos here. They said they can't as they don't have it on display but do have it in a sealed box, if they break the seal for me then I have to buy it, its idiotic but it is what it is. Which is why I want all your opinions.

I would love to go for the denon as it has dedicated speakers and USB, but if it sounds bad for about double the price then I'll feel like a real fool. (Denon is for 55000, Harman is for 28000).

However even if they sound similar I'd rather go for the denon given the fact I can always get better sound in future and that it has USB, Internet Radio, AirPlay, and plays FLAC. But these may seem gimicky to my parents because they did hear the harman and the liked it, but I feel the denon would be better and it doesnt become necessary with it to own an iphone or ipod touch etc. With the Harman if someone buys the iphone then no one else can use the system like one can with the denon.

Help me please. I'm buying it within a few days

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back