Denon DCD1550AR (easy) modding schematics / instructions - question

d0sk3y

Hello dear HiFiVision members!

I have recently purchased a Denon DCD1550AR to replace my old Denon DVD-3910 as a redbook CD-Player. My question would, put short, be: does any of you know of any (relatively easy) mods one can perform on this CD-player to improve sound quality?

I am pretty satisfied with the sound already, the highs seem to roll off a bit.

Just as additional info, here is the rest of my system:

Denon AVR-X2300W receiver
Infinity Reference 60 speakers (all original drivers, the made-in-USA version :) ) bi-amped by the integrated amps of the receiver; Klotz 1.5mm2 cables
Infinity Reference 31MKII as surrounds and Infinity Reference 100 MKII as center (irrelevant to my stereo-listening-related question, I know)
Infinity Infinitesimal Servo Sub (10" driver, I use it on the LFE channel)

I use the CD-player hooked up to the X2300W via analog, with an Argon cable, and usually listen to it with the receiver set to Pure Direct, no processing (I love the bass that the Reference 60s produce by themselves), all I did was raise the FR level by 4.5dB (which is what Audyssey detected and what I hear to be balanced as far as channel volume goes).

I will get a better receiver (say, an X3300 or X3400) in the future, since I want to separately amp the Reference 60s, and the X2300 is missing the pre-outs for this; I am on the hunt for a POA-2200 and maybe I will get a pre/DAC combo sometime.

To avoid questions on my amp/AVR pick, I really need the 4K switching the Denon provides, and I have 4 4K sources :) I also listen to DVD-A discs through a Denon DVD3910 on this setup.

Thank you in advance for your input and all the best :)

Back