Denon DRA-697CIHD

ProFX is the official dealer for Denon products in India. In Chennai they have their showroom in Spencer's Plaza. I am not sure they will have this model as it seems to be made for the US. In any case you can try.

I am curious about something. You are ready to pay close to 60K for a stereo receiver? Is there some thing special about the DRA-697CIHD that is hidden from the world? ;)

It has got this ASD-1R ipod connector..Also I'm looking for an amplifier that has satellite radio capability...but I'm not sure with its compatibility with Worldspace radio..You got any suggestions...My budget is 30-60 K INR...Already I have a Cambridge Audio azur 640H, 740A & S30 speakers but gonna put that in my office..Looking one for home..I'm not interested in watching movies so surround receivers won't serve my purpose..:)

Did I give the opinion that I am pushing people towards AVRs? Oooops !! If I did, I am sooooory!! I love two channel music. I do I do !!!! Actually I have more music CDs than DVDs.

Coming to your point, most manufacturers do provide iPod docks to go with their system including stereo amplifiers. For example even on the Denon DRA-697CIHD, the iPod docking station ASD-1R is an external unit that you have to buy separately. It does not come with the system.

Regarding the system being XM ready (for satellite radio), let us understand the coverage of these satellite radios.

We have three major companies in the world. XM, Sirius, and Worldspace. Sirius has three satellites rotating in such as way that they cover from the top end of Canada to the bottom end of South America. XM has an even narrower beam that covers just the US. Worldspace has three satellites called AfriStar, AsiaStar, and AmeriStar. AmeriStar covers all countries in South America, while AfriStar and AsiaStar cover Europe, China, India and many other countries in Asia. Worldspace has also launched a separate satellite for Europe in association with Italian Telecom.

What does this tell us? That you cannot receive signals from these satellites outside their designated area of coverage. In the US you can purchase any XM ready receiver, subscribe to a XM station, and after entering a code, your receiver will start receiving signals from the satellite. In India, unfortunately, things are different. You have to purchase one of the few satellites ready receivers specified by Worldspace. Only they will work as they have a special chip that enables them to receive and decode these signals. Even if you buy a receiver that can detect Worldspace signals (1467-1492 MHz of the "L" band. ) the receiver will not be able to decode the signals.

So if you want Worldspace, you have no choice but to buy a receiver from them. If you buy a two channel receiver in India, you will be able to tune into free AM and FM stations.

A better option will be to buy a good two channel amp, and connect a Worldspace receiver as one of the sources.

BTW, I must say I really envy you. I always wanted to put a good system in my office room to listen to music 24/7.

I own a worldspace receiver and now I'm using it with the CA amp...As I am planning to move this entire setup to my office..so planning to buy an integrated system would be helpful for using it in home...any suggestions

I need an amplifier for the following equipments

1. CD player

2. Ipod

3. Music server

4. It should feed speakers installed in several rooms

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back