Denon pma-600ne vs Marantz pm6007

Strings

Hello boys!!

So after a long wait I have finally decided to add an integrated amp to my existing setup. Since I enjoy full range sound I prefer my music with subwoofer on. Depending on my budget I have narrowed the following two amps. These also comes with subwoofer out option.

1.Marantz PM6007
2.Denon PMA-600NE

I am going to pair the amp with Pioneer FS52 towers. Please suggest me which one would be the better option. I am also open to other options as well. My budget is 40k.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

U might fetch Denon 800 model within budget, only issue is availability.
I had paired my FS52 with Marantz 7004 and they were good match. Not sure about 6007 though.
Thank you for the suggestion. The only reason for me to not to look at Denon 800 was the unavailability of subwoofer pre out option. As I said, I like my music with deeper bass, so I would prefer the amp to have this option.

I have both fs52 and marantz pm6007 and I had paired them with each other with a wharfedale d10 sub. Everything was good except the low frequency. It was muddy, boomy and what not. All because of lack of bass management option in the amp. As fs52 go as low as 40hz, crossing over the sub is a headache. You need an amp which has variable crossover option. Marantz pm7000n has the option.

I have both fs52 and marantz pm6007 and I had paired them with each other with a wharfedale d10 sub. Everything was good except the low frequency. It was muddy, boomy and what not. All because of lack of bass management option in the amp. As fs52 go as low as 40hz, crossing over the sub is a headache. You need an amp which has variable crossover option. Marantz pm7000n has the option.
Thank you for the response Gurujee. But PM 7000 would be way out my budget. Instead, do you think it would be better if I just upgrade my AVR, to something which sounds good for both movies and music too?

Thank you for the response Gurujee. But PM 7000 would be way out my budget. Instead, do you think it would be better if I just upgrade my AVR, to something which sounds good for both movies and music too?
Add a Crown or Emotiva Power Amp to your AVR if it has Pre-Out and connect your front speakers to them. Within your budget.

Add a Crown or Emotiva Power Amp to your AVR if it has Pre-Out and connect your front speakers to them. Within your budget.
That's a great option. But unfortunately my AVR doesn't have that option. Its 2013 basic Pioneer model. I need an upgrade badly. If it's an AVR that I am upgrading, I can stretch the budget till 50k. I don't care about Dolby Atmos or other fancy features. All I care about is good sound, something which takes care of both movies and music.

Do you want a 5.1 setup or a 2.1 setup that will both play movies and music?
You may look at Denon DRA 800 H, somewhat beyond your budget, but a good 2.1 AVR, or Denon S650H, basic but good enough 5.2 AVR at 49K.
I'm not much of a AVR person, others can also give some advice.
Incidentally, Marantz PM7000N is available for 10K discount in Hifivision.com. If you can swing it, it's way better than any of the above, and would be a long term investment. But it doesn't have HDMI, limited to music only.

I think we are on the same page. I too have a pioneer Avr (524k). I wanted little more clarity and taste the sound of stereo amp especially of marantz. Now I have the pm6007 and certainly there is more clarity, authority over sound output but I am unable to hear a significant improvement over AVR. May be I am not that sensitive. Also I think I have been habituated with pioneer sound. With marantz’s softer high frequency, which though I also enjoy, I prefer the brighter more audible high frequency of Pioneer. Also as the dear fms say entry level marantz have midrange bump or V shape sound signature. Initially I thought it would be cool but now as I have the amp I think i would like a neutral or flat frequency response.
Anyway, I have zero experience or knowledge regarding various brands. But I think it would be right to get an AVR with preout- something from denon/marantz sr series. Then when budget allows, upgrade the speaker/sub and add an integrated stereo amp with HT bypass if required. Or go separate if you have room, space, and money.

Hello boys!!

So after a long wait I have finally decided to add an integrated amp to my existing setup. Since I enjoy full range sound I prefer my music with subwoofer on. Depending on my budget I have narrowed the following two amps. These also comes with subwoofer out option.

1.Marantz PM6007
2.Denon PMA-600NE

I am going to pair the amp with Pioneer FS52 towers. Please suggest me which one would be the better option. I am also open to other options as well. My budget is 40k.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Musically Denon is better

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back