Denon PMA2020AE

Jairus

Hi guys,

i am kind of an old school low power integrated amplifier fan. Is it just me or does any one else think that the Denon PMA2020AE amplifier is an awesome piece of kit?

Anyone has listened to it or one of its older avatars?

Is this amp on anyones wishlist?

Let me know what you guys think...

Cheers, Jairus

Hi guys,

i am kind of an old school low power integrated amplifier fan. Is it just me or does any one else think that the Denon PMA2020AE amplifier is an awesome piece of kit?

Anyone has listened to it or one of its older avatars?

Is this amp on anyones wishlist?

Let me know what you guys think...

Cheers, Jairus

I havn't heard the PMA2020ae but have been using the PMA2000ivr for many years now.The earlier PMA2000s had the smooth and slightly warm tonality, loosing out somewhat on transparency but suitable for extended listening without fatigue.They also drove my friend's Usher mini dancer 2 (4 ohms) at resonable volumes comfortably.An excellent phono for the price was included in the earlier models.So a jack of all trades kind of an amplifier if you get it at the right price.
cheers.

I'm still using my PMA 1500ae. They were my first integrated amp and I love it! I mainly use it to play my turntable..and sometimes my CDP. I have old Sony bookshelf speakers connected to it (yes the amp is being underused at the moment :indifferent14:). However of late I've been using my Audio Technica headphones instead of the speakers and it really sounds like a totally different setup! Very detailed and punchy overall.

ive listened to the PMA 1500ae for around 3 months. Borrowed it from a friend who upgraded to a McIntosh. To be honest, i enjoyed it although it was just driving my MS902i bookshelves at the time. Was very punchy.... grabbed those bookshelves by the scruff of the neck....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back