Denon Vs Marantz

rammy

I have boston xs 5.1 and two boston a25 bookshelf speakers for the 7.1setup .
Recently i sold out martanz nr1601, now am planning to buy denon x1200w for my existing 7.1 setup. Is it a right decision ? My main purpose is to watch movies only. And planning to go for latest like atmos,4k and dts:x. which receiver is best for my existing setup. Does it was a mistake to sold out marantz? My budget limit is under 50k .Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

Last edited:
Recently i sold out martanz nr1601, now am planning to buy denon x1200w for my existing 7.1 setup. Is it a right decision ? My main purpose is to watch movies only. And planning to go for latest like atmos,4k and dts:x. which receiver is best for my existing setup. Does it was a mistake to sold out marantz? My budget limit is under 50k .Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

If its movies only, then its strictly no no for Marantz. Watch out for Denon.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

If you are looking for DTS X and Dolby Atmos from Marantz, you can choose Marantz 1606..

If its movies only, then its strictly no no for Marantz. Watch out for Denon.

I would rather not prefer Denon AVR because of lots of instances of HDMI card failure (pl see in Denon owner's thread). Even my Denon AVR 1611 HDMI card conked off recently.
I would suggest to go for any not so expensive AVR since usage is 100% movies and not music.
Because there is lots of complex digital circuitry in modern AVRs, chances of failures are also very high. And repair costs are so high that it is better to buy a new one. So even after spending, say 60K, what if it conks off after one year i.e. post warranty period?
So I would suggest to get a cheap AVR and instead invest a good amount in high end Stereo Amp for music.

Hi,

Marantz is obviously a bit superior in performance and quality over Denon. (although both avrs are made by D & M Holdings).

IMHO, there is not much difference to a 7.1 setup and Dolby Atmos....in order to enjoy Dolby Atmos, you need to have good movies and specific speakers...

The recent What Hi Fi Show in Mumbai had a lot of demos on Dolby Atmos and honestly I didn't find anything great. Most of the content of movies available online and what we use is 5.1.

Anyways, you need to audtion and decide for yourself which avr is better. If budget is a constraint, see the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads, most FMs selling their stuff @ reasonable rates.... all the best

Hi,

Marantz is obviously a bit superior in performance and quality over Denon. (although both avrs are made by D & M Holdings).

IMHO, there is not much difference to a 7.1 setup and Dolby Atmos....in order to enjoy Dolby Atmos, you need to have good movies and specific speakers...

The recent What Hi Fi Show in Mumbai had a lot of demos on Dolby Atmos and honestly I didn't find anything great. Most of the content of movies available online and what we use is 5.1.

Anyways, you need to audtion and decide for yourself which avr is better. If budget is a constraint, see the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads, most FMs selling their stuff @ reasonable rates.... all the best

Go for Denon or anything cheaper but with lot of features (Pioneer???). Have a separate audio setup if and when needed. Resonating anuragn. Trust me, been there, done that.

Both are excellent AVRs. Marantz is usually targeted towards mid to high end so i would expect better build quality and component quality on models with same or similar specs. In my case the sound signature difference was not enough to warrant the extra money that was needed for a marantz AVR with similar specs.

You won't go wrong either way!

As i spoke to chennai guy for denon x1200w, he quoted me that 39k with warranty and 36k with out. Is it a good deal ? What kind of precautions should i take ,if i go for 36k?
Thanks in Advance,
rammy

It is always good to go with bill & warranty with such products. You would never know. I have currently Marantz SR6009 but previously i had gone for SR5009 and i had few issues. I could easily replace it with the seller cost just because it was with bill/warranty.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

In-terms of durability and build quality, Marantz beats Denon hands down. I dont think you should change your NR1601. Its a very competent receiver. I personally feel 7.1 would not work well for Dolby Atmos. You need more speakers.

In-terms of durability and build quality, Marantz beats Denon hands down. I dont think you should change your NR1601. Its a very competent receiver. I personally feel 7.1 would not work well for Dolby Atmos. You need more speakers.
Appreciate you but.....
I sold out maratnz, what i have to do ? That's why planing to go for denon.

What is the basis of that statement?
Asking because generally Marantz is very well regarded irrespective of whether for music or movies.
In what I have heard at my friends place.....Denon for me sounded more fuller and more depth in voice. Marantz sound good too but it has more detailed punch, tightness which feel too good when listening to music with superior and clear voice details. Somehow we felt when watching movies it was not open. Like when watching movie of Jurrasic Park......thru Denon, we felt more low ends and shakes and vibrations then Marsntz. It is the decision of the individual.....demo the both before deciding....

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back