Denon X2000 RCA Input

kishanvkumar

Hi - I have a Wii system (old) which does not have a HDMI connection. Have the RCA connection (Yellow,Red,White) cable. How to connect wii to the receiver? On the remote I see only HDMI inputs. How to select the Wii?
The connection from Receiver to TV is via the HDMI cable.
Do see some Video/Audio connections at the back. But not sure where to connect.

Possible to connect the Wii in this mode?

Thanks,
Kishan

Hi - I have a Wii system (old) which does not have a HDMI connection. Have the RCA connection (Yellow,Red,White) cable. How to connect wii to the receiver? On the remote I see only HDMI inputs. How to select the Wii?
The connection from Receiver to TV is via the HDMI cable.
Do see some Video/Audio connections at the back. But not sure where to connect.

Possible to connect the Wii in this mode?

Thanks,
Kishan

Does it make a difference? Putting your Wii through an A/V receiver?
You should know if your receiver does convert signals... actually, MOST DO convert all incoming analog, including component, composite to HDMI.

From the sounds of it,
I think you're going to use COMPOSITE CABLE (2 red/white audio cables and the 1 YELLOW video cable):
PIKivpJ.jpg

If this is your avr back panel:
ES975EP.jpg

Simply connect the (red and white) in either audio in 1 (CBL/SAT) or 2 (DVD) and connect the video to corresponding in (yellow)

After you get the cables hooked up and have selected the right input then you should be all set.

Good luck!

For some reason it did not work. Left the DVD HDMI empty. Connected the Wii Red White to the DVD audio in(2nd slot from up) and the Yellow to the DVD video in.

When switched on, the device was not recognised.
Anyway directly connected to the TV and it works!! Just wanted to avoid the TV remote!!.

On a side note.

Apple TV, WDTV Live, Sony Bluray, Sony LED, Videocon D2h, Denon X2000.
Any Universal remote which can operate all of these?

got an offer for 40k of denon x3000 which is 110v us receiver. new sealed box

will that be a good deal?. and will that be a good receiver when it comes to sound quality?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back