Denon x3600h or x4500h

Singingtheblues

Hi after some advice please, I have just phoned richer sounds for advice on which Denon receiver to buy his reply was the x3600h I also phoned Spatial his recommendation was the x4500h the thing is being impulsive I bought on line at 4.00oclock this morning the x4500h it arrives tomorrow i have 14 days to return it if not happy. I am currently using the x2500h which is only 14 month old which is great for films but wanted something a bit punchy for playing music. My speakers although old are mint set of 604/603/602/601/ Lcr600 s3s and a elac sub. I have not been able to use the full set as it is 7.1 set up but I will with either 9.2 amps. Have I made the right choice going for the x4500h. If any has any knowledge on these receiver I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks for reading regards Pat.

4500H definitely is better than 3600H since you have the budget for it. But, if you want to up the stereo music game, I'd definitely recommend a stereo amp from the likes of Cambridge, NAD, Rega, IOTAVX or Marantz. In this case, you can keep the 2500H and return the 4500H as you were already happy with what is does for movies.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back