Denon x500 for dali zensor 3 ??

Vishank

Hi visionaries,
I currently own a denon x500. Looking to upgrade my front with zensor 3. Need to know will my basic avr drive the zensor 3's. Help !!

Hi

In my view, the Denon x500 should......

you can also look at the Polk RTiA1 speakers which are also equally good, I guess a bit cheaper also.....it has Bi AMP connection facility where you can power the Lows + Highs separately....thus better clean power and performance....

Ofcourse to achieve this, you will need a 7.1 AVR (provided you are using a 5.1 setup at home).

In case you are planning to change the AVR, there are some AVRs on sale in Hifi Ads and For Sale by owner.....you can look at the NR1605 (Marantz - Mumbai seller) which will do a better justice to any speaker you throw at it....a good monster performer for music and movies...rate seems reasonable....

Review and decide

Last edited:
The Dali zensors are relatively less demanding on power considering their high sensitivity. The Denon x500 rated at 75w/channel at 8ohm should be able to drive them without much trouble. If it's an option, do audition them yourself.

Hi, In my view x500 will be able to drive them well. I have the same in my 2nd room driving a pair of Nibbana Dvee firestarters in a stereo set up and it sounds very well for my varied choice of music.

I think specs wise it is very similar to zensar 3.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

My question is even if Denon X500 can drive Z5, but will it lack in performance of the speakers. That is what I meant the punch.
I am sure the Z5 will do well with an higher variant of AVR, hence this question.

Have you gone through the specs of both? On first glance I see Denon having no issues driving Z3 to their potential. Whether you like the sound signature produced by the match, is something you will need to find out yourself. Do not expect a sub like bass from a bookshelf, only then will you appreciate what you get. If you want bass from a bookshelf, take a look at Elac B6. In most situations having a Sub in the chain, helps a lot.

MaSh

Thanks for all the suggestions...I just got svs pb1000 sub...so no problem regarding lower frequencies...but was wondering how do the zensor sound...am unable to find any demo for the same..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back