Desperate - Need HELP !!! Issue with voltage fluctuation in Bangalore

Yes, the root cause with the loose neutral connection is solved at the distribution line from the main transformer.

Now my equipment are highly protected (I assume) :)

Meter Box -> Sollatek AVS 30 voltage cut off -> OBO surge protector -> MCB -> Belkin heavy duty surge protector -> Vertex audio grade 3KVA stabilizer with built-in voltage regulator, surge protection and high/low voltage cut off -> HT equipment.

My projector is protected by a V-Guard stabilizer -> APC 1KV BackupPro UPS -> Projector.

I hope the above protection will take care of my equipment :thumbsup:

Can't trust these BESCOM guys. Usually they mess up when they give new connections as its a new housing layout and new houses are coming up.

-John.

Guys,

I have connected all my equipment back to my Vertex 3KV audio grade stabilizer. I know it is not recommended,
John.

John, could you please shed more light why this is so? I too have voltage fluctuation in my area, and had short-listed the Vertex 3 KVA. I have a Denon AVR, SVS SUB, a 51-inch Plasma, and a Pioneer BDP.

Thanks
Nagaraj

Nagraj,

Couple of senior audiophiles who visited my place said that there seems to be a slight drop in fidelity and lack of dynamic range, when they listed to my stereo setup after connecting my CDP/TT and Stereo Amp to the Vertex. However, my ears couldn't make any difference :). And Emotiva (my HT power amps) also recommended connecting the amps directly to the wall socket as they said some power conditioners may not be quick enough to react to a sudden current spike required by high power amps during some heavy movie sequence. Also these power conditioners may restrict the current to the equipment, as a safety feature, that might affect the performance of power amps to handle dynamic range.

However after I "fried" some equipment due to crazy power fluctuation, I am not bothered about "missing dynamic range". I care mode about safety of my equipment. So using Vertex for all my expensive equipment now.

May be in US and other developed countries, there is very little / no voltage fluctuation and can afford to plug high current equipment directly to the wall socket. I think in India, especially in Bangalore, we should definitely have some protection.

Hope this helps.

-John.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back