Developing Hearing Problems and Good Bye to My System

Very sorry to hear of your affliction, Imtiyaz. Despite advice to the contrary from many, FWIW, I feel you've taken the right decision. These "objects" are material after all and when you do get better, there is nothing that cannot be replaced later. Health comes first and I wish you all the best in your sale.
I hope you recover from this soon and get back to this wonderful hobby of ours.

Hi Dear Forum Members
I am extremely thankful to dear forum members for showing their cocern about my hearing problems.Actually i have consulted many doctors including a senior cosultant.All are of the opinion that i should avoid listining to music to avoid further hearing problems.I wholeheartedly respect your valuable suggestions but the doctors being in the profession have to follow their advice.I wish i could get well soon to get in the sound hobby again.However till that i have to put my rig on sale as i can't stop myself from listining to music when the gear is in front of me.Hope dear members will understand my position.Once again i am very greatful to my forum members for their support.
Thank you very much
Regards
Imtiyaz

Hi Dear Forum Members
I am extremely thankful to dear forum members for showing their cocern about my hearing problems.Actually i have consulted many doctors including a senior cosultant.All are of the opinion that i should avoid listining to music to avoid further hearing problems.I wholeheartedly respect your valuable suggestions but the doctors being in the profession have to follow their advice.I wish i could get well soon to get in the sound hobby again.However till that i have to put my rig on sale as i can't stop myself from listining to music when the gear is in front of me.Hope dear members will understand my position.Once again i am very greatful to my forum members for their support.
Thank you very much
Regards
Imtiyaz
I am going through a same problem and have reduced my listening and also reduced the volume I listen at. I am also in two minds regarding my system.

NO, don't do it.
I think you need to give yourself more time before such a drastic decision.
You seem to suffer from tinnitus.
Music is actually suggested as a therapy for that.
I would suggest you see if you need to get out of music or only need to change what you listen to.
Please don't make any hasty decision.

I second that, one of my family member is suffering from ostioscelerosis. Dr advised him to listen to music at very low level when he get buzz in his ear.

Hi Imtiaz

Really sorry to hear about your condition bro. Fondly hope that your hearing reverts to normal in the future. And sorry to see such a great sounding and carefully put together system go. Wishing you all the best.

Warmest regards
Manohar.Y

Sorry Imtiaz that it has come to this. I feel ya
Sometimes it makes me wonder if the 'Creator' is cruel to stop us from enjoying anything that is fun: Music, Sweets, Fried / salty food, Alcohol and other 'unprintable' stuff! Now some would say enjoy everything in moderation - can you really stop after two songs and that too in whisper mode?!

Live long - doing things you don't enjoy, eating things you hate
OR

Hi Dear Forum Members
Thank you very much
Regards
Imtiyaz

Sorry to hear this. This is quite a bummer. I hope some solution is found. Music is such a beautiful thing to have in ones life.

I had a specific question. Did the doctor ask you to stop listening to music at high decibels levels or asked you to stop completely? Normal ambient sound levels in everyday life ( in the street or near tvs ) and the normal volume levels in a high quality music system are pretty much the same in terms SPL. In fact the music system sound will be soothing as well because of lack of distortion.

If normal music volumes on a system itself is a problem, one will need to treat this problem by using ear plugs that blocks out normal ambient noise levels as well. Is that the situation ?

Back