Difference in quality if DVD Player connected through HDMI Output to LCD TV

kimbalaji

Hi,

I have 32" Sony Bravia Full HD LCD TV. If I connect the DVD Player to the TV through HDMI Output and If I play a DVD Disc, whether there will be any enhancement in the picture quality? The DVD Player is having HDMI Output and upscaling to 1080.

Hi,

I have 32" Sony Bravia Full HD LCD TV. If I connect the DVD Player to the TV through HDMI Output and If I play a DVD Disc, whether there will be any enhancement in the picture quality? The DVD Player is having HDMI Output and upscaling to 1080.

Since HDMI is a pure digital connection and has the advantage of carriying both video and audio thorugh a single cable has an advantage towards other type of conventional connections. But in your case to actually notice the difference between HDMI and Component connection your DVD player should be capable of sending Upscaled Data from Standard DVD's to your Display, in this case HDMI would prevail over the component since there are HDCP restrictions on the component connection to go to full HD i.e 1080P.

the component out will require two additional conversions, one digital to analog in the dvd player and one analog to digital in the tv. this will make this inferior, even if you are using 480p output on hdmi, without any upscaling as no analog conversion is required.

regarding upscaling, that would depend upon the upscaler in the dvd player and tv. if you dont upscale in the dvd player, then your tv will do the upscaling. so its just a question of which upscaler is better.

the component out will require two additional conversions, one digital to analog in the dvd player and one analog to digital in the tv. this will make this inferior, even if you are using 480p output on hdmi, without any upscaling as no analog conversion is required.

regarding upscaling, that would depend upon the upscaler in the dvd player and tv. if you dont upscale in the dvd player, then your tv will do the upscaling. so its just a question of which upscaler is better.

+1 to that,HDMI is direct digital connection without losses of conversion.

Hi,

HDMI anyday analog always have if and buts like cable quality, length etc, when it comes to HDMI doesnt matter what quality of cable you use, u will get the best pic, bcos in digital youeither get a picture or you dont get unlike analog where quality of cable determines the PQ

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back