Digital audio transport to external DAC

No no obviously my own cd on my own audio cd player. FLAC played on my htpc all connected to same setup

MaSh

What software you used to rip CD?
I assume if you use EAC it should be good . Some experts can share there thoughts on the same.
Again I dont know if the quality of CD drive plays a role or not.

What software you used to rip CD?
I assume if you use EAC it should be good . Some experts can share there thoughts on the same.
Again I dont know if the quality of CD drive plays a role or not.
Yeh the difference is apparent only if one hears the cd in an A B test.

However have given up on CDs now. Fully reliant on streaming now.

MaSh

I am also not keen on CDs due to nonavailability of CDs now a days, what I am looking is a device which will give me the same performance as CD while playing flac files or looking for a good transport which will give same performance as a CD player while playing flac files.

Last edited:
I am also not keen on CDs due to nonavailability of CDs now a days, what I am looking is a device which will give me the same performance as CD while playing flac files or looking for a good transport which will give same performance as a CD player while playing flac files.
Yeh I feel you. We just try to mix and match dacs, sources, cables, buffers, tubes, diy drivers, what not to get that formula right. That's the Journey.

MaSh

Hello FMs, i have recently met FM @kvijay.svg and understood more about Allo Digione Signature. Now i would like to know, if Digione with Volumio running, can anyway play media files (video formats) so, we connect TV to the Rasp Pi's HDMI port and use the Signature's BNC/Coax for audio?

Thanks!
Robin R

Hello FMs, i have recently met FM @kvijay.svg and understood more about Allo Digione Signature. Now i would like to know, if Digione with Volumio running, can anyway play media files (video formats) so, we connect TV to the Rasp Pi's HDMI port and use the Signature's BNC/Coax for audio?

Thanks!
Robin R
In RPI there is a possibilities for Kodi i believe not in volumio but Iam not sure about your query routing the audio to BNC/coax for audio

Thanks!
Robin R
Try with Kodi. Maybe in audio settings you can select allo as audio device.

MaSh

Install dietpi instead of volumio. Then you can install kodi for media playback via digione on it. It will play youtube with youtube addon

Digione player is a better and budget option instead of digione signature
Hi. New here. Is the digione player all you need to get? It's not clear to me if i need to add a Raspberry Pi or if it is part of the setup. My use case is to connect one of several external drives with flac and stream into a Schiit Bifrost using SPDIF. Is the Diginone Player all I need to purchase? What about a power source? is the Shanti needed? recommended? Appreciate any guidance, q

I am using pioneer BDP 180.
It takes 1TB ext hdd easily.
Also i cast frm my mobile to BDP whose optical out goes to opt in of Cambridge cxa60 amp.

I managed to find some reviews that explain that the digione player is an all in one device. Wish there was an aluminum case for the RPi 4 B/1 GB. probably going to wait until my new all-in-one arrives in a few weeks and determine if the USB 3.1 is sufficient into the BiFrost. I have the older model with the Gen 5 USB, may upgrade to BiFrost 2 with the Unison USB.

It's not clear to me if i need to add a Raspberry Pi or if it is part of the setup
Assume that Raspberry Pi is a mini computer and you pull out the audio signal in the best possible form using a HAT, just like how you use a soundcare in a desktop computer.

Digione is a HAT, optimized for audio and manufactured by allo. There's an advanced version called digione signature, that uses separate power supply for Raspberry Pi and HAT. I use the allo supplied wall wart for RPi and Power bank for the clean board (HAT). Keep in mind that the power supply plays a vital role and its essential that you use clean supply/LPS for better results.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back