Dilemma between 4k & FHD (40 Inch)

The LG models are IPS displays... No never regarded them very high. Panasonic I have no idea about ones you have listed above. When I did a comparison of the Panny against Sony in same price range, Pana was reading files very very slow from Thumb Drive

Difference in PQ - Contrast levels is negligible imo and is appreciable only on side by side comparison between LG and Sony. Also, I find Sony (=VA Panels) have oversaturated pic. Occasionally LG has washed out pic.

Lg is giving 1 yr additoinal warranty + Free DVD Player ::eek: + Scratch Card till diwali. Sony only Power bank.

@OP have you decided? plus checked if Lg models with digital out actually output true 5.1 with usb content?

I am in for LG 42LF5530 as it has 24p cinema too.

Yes i relized ..lg make ips only..

n samsung va only...

Last year when i checked showrooms and also LG site some of the lower end models in 42 inch were supposedly having VA panel. When i checked the website the TVs having IPS panel had this fact specifically mentioned. Pl check if this is true from showroom and website and whether some LG models have VA panel.

Difference in PQ - Contrast levels is negligible imo and is appreciable only on side by side comparison between LG and Sony. Also, I find Sony (=VA Panels) have oversaturated pic. Occasionally LG has washed out pic.

For the uninitiated, yes, what you say is true regarding contrast on VA and IPS. Btw, if you are comparing in showroom, then Sony's colours are pumped up to grab attention.

You just need to tone them down when you bring them home. I am seeing lots of people complaining that Sony looks very artificial and oversaturated by seeing them in showroom without even getting the remote from the shop guys and changing the PQ settings.:p

Next time, choose a simpler method of using theater mode for your PQ test in Sony and not that bloody Vivid mode.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back