OLED TV buying suggestion please

Silentpro

Hello guys ,

I am looking to buy OLED tv for My living hall ..
I have these models in my budget , kindly suggest which will be better choice for watching HDR and FHD, 4k , BLURAY movies .. my most usage will be DTH [Tata play HD] CHANNELS and for movies playback .

I Heard LG c2 is fantastic , also auditioned in LG showroom it's good. And also SONY x90k and A80K in sony center was auditioned today .
Since x90k and A80k is stopping this month and x90L and A80L is introduced by end of month . Is it worth to wait or shall I go with LG c2 only ? Also C2 also getting stopped by a month as they said there is clearance sale . So I'm confused to buy or to wait for new model ? Also new models costs more price so I won't b able to stretch my budget further . Also Sony uses XR cognitive processor and upscale technology with android based OS . In LG there is Alpha 9 Gen 5 processor and they have different OS . Which is good to go ?? Android or lg os ? I need better upscaling engine and also best playback 4k content movies through HDD collections . Please suggest .. does LG support KODI in c2 ?
My budget falls under these models .

1. LG C2 [65 INCH]
2. SONY A80K [65 INCH]
3. SONY X90K [65 INCH]

X90K isn’t an OLED. Also, not worth bothering with unless it’s half the price of the other two. I’d suggest splurging the extra 10-15k for a G2 over the C2. It’s much brighter.

If you really want an OLED, I’d highly recommend waiting 3-4 months till Diwali for discounts on the G3 and S95C. They are much brighter and better than the current crop.

Don’t bother about Kodi and stuff. You can add 3500 worth of firestick 4K max and that will play everything

Apart from what lightgamer suggested, Samsung Mini LED and Sony's X95 series Mini LED in non OLED category at a bargain price is also ok. (As you were exploring X90 series, which is non OLED)

will samsung high end models supports and passthrough DTS, DTS-HD MA , DTS-X passthrough to AVR ?? Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby ATMOS , TrueHD Formats too ??
which TV are u using ??
For that only Sony TVs can pass through DTS and related formats. For example X95k.

X90K ? A80J (OLED) ?
X90k is just FALD. FALD mini LED X95k may be better. A80J is good but if you have enough to go for A95k, it makes sense. Tbh, I was about to pick one myself when a TV of mine got repaired as most of the folks here think it is best TV currently available checking all parameters.

If you really want an OLED, I’d highly recommend waiting 3-4 months till Diwali for discounts on the G3 and S95C. They are much brighter and better than the current crop.

Don’t bother about Kodi and stuff. You can add 3500 worth of firestick 4K max and that will play everything
@lightgamer - Long time bro :) Did you get your OLED TV for Monitor? I was off the forum but noticed that 48 & 42 are going sub 1 L.

I am looking to go for 48 or 42 if I can crack end of stock Deal - Now or wait?

@lightgamer - Long time bro :) Did you get your OLED TV for Monitor? I was off the forum but noticed that 48 & 42 are going sub 1 L.

I am looking to go for 48 or 42 if I can crack end of stock Deal - Now or wait?
I heard all the burn in reports and went with Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 instead. I don’t think OLED is good for PC use.

32”, 4K 165Hz, VA miniLED with 1192 zones, 2000 nits max. Got it for ~62k. It’s not quite OLED but no burn in risk and 32” is much more comfortable.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back