Dipole Surrounds - 1 pair or 2 pairs?

determinus

My AVR is 7.1. While doing up the HT room, I left 4 wires for rear surrounds. Standard configuration- a pair on side walls facing each other, and another on rear wall facing the screen. Each wire is about 1' from the corners and all are 8' above the floor. My viewing position is 12' from screen. The room is 14' by 13'. Given the small scale of the room, I thought it's best not to go with direct boxes but get dipoles for rear.

Questions: (1) Should I go for 1 or 2 pairs of dipoles? What's the usual practice in 7.1? And (2) if I got with 1 pair, which wall should I mount them on, rear or side?

Other equipments - Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1, of which the 2.1 I am using for my gaming console. I have filled the .1 in HT with SVS PB1000, now looking to get the remaining 2/4. I also have an old Klipsch 2.1 iFi, from which I can use the 2 speakers. I can also use the Andrew Jones bookshelves as well for a pair. And/or buy a dipole set.

Please advise.

My AVR is 7.1. While doing up the HT room, I left 4 wires for rear surrounds. Standard configuration- a pair on side walls facing each other, and another on rear wall facing the screen. Each wire is about 1' from the corners and all are 8' above the floor. My viewing position is 12' from screen. The room is 14' by 13'. Given the small scale of the room, I thought it's best not to go with direct boxes but get dipoles for rear.

Questions: (1) Should I go for 1 or 2 pairs of dipoles? What's the usual practice in 7.1? And (2) if I got with 1 pair, which wall should I mount them on, rear or side?

Other equipments - Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1, of which the 2.1 I am using for my gaming console. I have filled the .1 in HT with SVS PB1000, now looking to get the remaining 2/4. I also have an old Klipsch 2.1 iFi, from which I can use the 2 speakers. I can also use the Andrew Jones bookshelves as well for a pair. And/or buy a dipole set.

Please advise.

I see that you have less space behind your listening position... If you can pull your seating position a lil further, then you might get some space behind..

If you are going for 7.1, then skip dipoles.. Direct speakers are better. Small satellites would do IMO..

If you can settle for 5.1, then dipoles are better choices for more diffused sound and can be mounted to the left & right of your seating position..

Recently I have changed my surround from Monopole to Dipole. Monopole will give fuller and powerful sound where as Dipole/Bipole will give you more diffusing,immersive and broader sound. Choice is yours. For 5.1 music Monopole is best, for movies Dipole/Bipole.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

I listen to music only in stereo, so the surrounds are strictly for movies. Any recommendations for a good dipole to go with Andrew Jones? HiFi Mart has Sonodyne dipoles for 12,900/- which fits well in my budget. Any reviews on them?

Thank you for your time. Cheers!

I listen to music only in stereo, so the surrounds are strictly for movies. Any recommendations for a good dipole to go with Andrew Jones? HiFi Mart has Sonodyne dipoles for 12,900/- which fits well in my budget. Any reviews on them?

Thank you for your time. Cheers!

I have used the Sonodyne Dipole for good time.. They are good... Would you be using the dipoles for surrounds or surround back..

Also you can consider the Genie 2 satellite pair for abt 12K.. Would suit well for surrounds..

First look for Classified or Hi-fi ads , you will get good brand surround speakers at reasonable price other wise look for new.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back