Disable HTML / Links in signature

darkblack

I am a noob in this forum but been reading and following posts fervently.

In the past week or , I have seen posts made by users who've just registered, especially in the "introduce yourself" section, laden with links in their signature pointing to their commercial websites. These guys are the ones who just try to gain link popularity for their websites for SEO purposes and they are no value addition to the community here and are not here for any discussion or knowledge sharing.

Just wondering if there is a way to disable HTML / Links in signature, till a user reaches X number of posts. I am sure Vbulletin would definitely have a plug in / mod like that

Just my 2 cents :)

Very good idea.

All successful forums attract the spammers and the linkwhores. Even if they actually have something to say about hifi, it should be a banning offence (not bailable!).

keeping the links out of the signatures is one way to combat it, but that doesn't stop them putting a www.something in plain text.

We don't have so many mods that they can read every new post at all times of the day: we can all do our bit to help by hitting the
report.gif
button when we see stuff like this.

If you come across such a thread, please do send me a PM with the link. I will delete it immediately.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back