Discgear - stylish CD holder

swami

Hi,

Anyone using discgear products? Website : here.

I came across one of the models, do not remember the exact name - it holds 80 discs and allows you to retrieve the one you select. Maybe it was Selector 80S. The cost was INR 999 in a P3 outlet in Gurgaon (website says $29.95). Pics ahead -

WHEN CLOSED
S80S.ProductColor.BlackGunmetal.jpg

WHEN OPEN
S80S.ProductColor.BlackGunMetal.Open.jpg

I wanted to know -

1. Has anyone used this or any of the products from discgear? How is the quality and convenience?

2. Will the CDs run into any risk of mechanical damage (breaking, cracks) or scratches (even if minor)?

3. Is a standard CD wallet/album (cheap roadside ones) that holds 24 or 36 CDs equal to this product as far as quality and durability is concerned?

Anything else that you'd like to add ...

No one with a response?

OK. So, if no one is using this or such a product, what do you use for storing your CDs to keep them handy? Alright, maybe you keep them in a rack inside original jewel boxes, but what about the scores of CD-Rs which one burns over the course of time?

Please provide some advice.

CD Books
This product is interesting , and I think one ember mentioned it
In fact if someone is making flexible SHATTERPROOF jewel cases I want to buy it!

@swami, that looks pretty nice.

I myself depend on good quality CD albums (most of the ones I use are Amkette) to store CD-Rs. I haven't had an issue yet -- been using some of these albums for 4-5 years. And CDs in them still work :)

I'd also be interested in knowing how the other members store their CDs. You never know when a better way of doing something comes up :)

well i stopped using cd's since the day i bought a pack of 100 dvd.. 3 yrs back.

lol...

since then i have been buying only dvds to dump movies (400 odd dvd with 2000 odd movies) rest 1tb data digitally stored in PC ,laptop and portable drives.

they were good enough till was watchin them on my 22 in lcd pc monitor..

once i shifted to 42 in full hd lcd.. every movie is close to 4-10gb.

however 700 mb ribs are good enough for a movie to watch (precisely hollywood prints).

all beacuse of our grt axxo( downloaders does this name rings a bell)..

now shifted to 720p 60% and 108op 40%

No one with a response?

OK. So, if no one is using this or such a product, what do you use for storing your CDs to keep them handy? Alright, maybe you keep them in a rack inside original jewel boxes, but what about the scores of CD-Rs which one burns over the course of time?

Please provide some advice.

I have used the Discgear products and am very happy.
I had bought he 80S from P3 Gurgaon for my Bluray/AVCHDs and am really happy with it.
You can write the index at their website and take a print an put in the box for easily refering to the Disks to select and take out.

In fact I then went ahead and bought another Selector 100FX from Chroma Gurgaon (1500), and use it for my Audio CDs.
The only problem is, for the 100 disk version, you need special legal size paper for printing the disk index.

Recommended!

I have one since the last 6 months but have been too lazy to put any CDs in it. It looks very stylish though and the product is easy to use...It is a simple and innovative device for storing your CDs... Go ahead and order although you can get it at Planet M for about Rs 750 -800

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back