Discrete Dynamics Amplifier:

Wow it's coming up realy well. Which cables are you using for amp input and output to speaker posts?

MaSh

Neat and tidy power amp build... hope it sounds as good.
waiting for listening impressions.

BTW whats the total cost of the project?

Neat and tidy power amp build... hope it sounds as good.
waiting for listening impressions.

BTW whats the total cost of the project?
Thanks, i am still waiting for Aniket's inputs... will check and update about costing.

Really nice. and thanks for the pictures.
Thanks, pardon me for irrelevant images, if any.

Little more progress:

Had to do small alterations to the back panel... the holes for speaker binding posts are round, whereas the isolation washers have to be notched into the mounting surface to prevent rotation of the binding post after installation.

Laser cut round holes:

View attachment 44012

The floating washer (top right):
View attachment 44013

Had to file it to this shape:
View attachment 44014

The floating washer fits snugly:
View attachment 44015

My nail file set comes in handy for the job:
View attachment 44016

The mains at 232V, checking the secondary AC voltages:
Va 43.5V

View attachment 44019

Vb 43.2V:
View attachment 44022

End to end 86.7V:
View attachment 44023

The auxiliary secondary:
Va 10.17V

View attachment 44024

End to end 20.8V:
View attachment 44027

All the voltages are showing proper values, time to finish wiring:
View attachment 44028

View attachment 44029

Speaker wires, Signal cables all hooked up, all set for firing... waiting for Anikets instructions on setting up bias.

superb build

superb build
Thanks vdevgon,

My LM3875 has got a new face plate... got it along with this chassis from Beginner_N.

1582891865193.jpeg

1582891885733.jpeg

1582891897456.jpeg

1582891910167.jpeg

What file types are used for laser engraving... can you pl put it in that format and forward pl?
BTW what the h--- is that?

What file types are used for laser engraving... can you pl put it in that format and forward pl?
BTW what the h--- is that?

You need vector design in Corel draw.
This is a raster image

As far as I know this won't work etching.
@Hiten or @Santy can confirm

Hi hydrovac

That's a gunslinger moustache

:))

I have no idea on the tech details though..

Regarding the etching..maybe some other design is more etch friendly and maybe it can be done after project completion..and testing

Regards

Hi hydrovac

That's a gunslinger moustache

:))

I have no idea on the tech details though..

Regarding the etching..maybe some other design is more etch friendly and maybe it can be done after project completion..and testing

Regards

Aha!
Abhinandan Varthaman's Gunslinger:

can be downloaded in Vector, SVG and PNG

Finally, got the instructions from Aniket on powering up the amp and setting bias... kind of busy with his younger brother's pre wedding celebration, hence the delay.

As the module is fully tested, he told me to skip the series bulb test... i have to just check the DC on speaker out and set bias with input short, after half hour of switching it on.

On powering up the LEDs glow red for 3 odd seconds and turns green after the relay kicks in... the DC on spkr terminals is 2 mv on left and 5 mv on right... so far so good.

1582908897335.jpeg

1582908923568.jpeg

1582908974566.jpeg

1582908995435.jpeg

input short... it was too late to leave it on for stabilization and set bias.
so, end of activity for today.

You need vector design in Corel draw.
This is a raster image

As far as I know this won't work etching.
@Hiten or @Santy can confirm
Yes For laser etching Vector format are preferred. They are scalable without loosing resolution of your artwork. That means no crocked edges etc. Formats are PDF, SVG, Corel, and probably Autocad too. Even if Modern laser machines may use raster images like bitmaps finish of them will not be good and it will take time. and I think laser etching process cost is time based.
Regards

Powered the amp for an hour and tried setting the bias, couldn't get that fine dialing... immediately pinged Aniket for advice.
He said the amp module was tested on 40-0-40 trafo, and corresponding resistors values were selected... because i am using a 43-0-43 trafo the values are not matching.

Assured that he will re calculate the values by evening, and guide me through changing them... must confess that i was a little disappointed and sheepishly asked him if i can connect and listen to it for few minutes, just to get a feel of SQ.
I got a go ahead and here i am, after two hours... forced myself out of the listening chair to write this... more to come after i make the necessary changes.

Back to my listening post!

1582977165243.jpeg

1582977184639.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh cool. What is biasing and how is it done? Aniket had told me that he did it on my 120w amp but I don't mind doing it myself and learnin about it.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back