Dissatisfied with Xtreamer support

nivlacbot

I bought the device online -- Oct 2009 from Sumit Kumar (N V Trading).

Within a couple of months, once I figured out how to stream content off a windows laptop, the wi fi dongle stopped working. That was my first service request.. they promptly replaced my wifi dongle (although they found no problem with the one I RMAed).

Then in the 10th month, I started experienced random audio video freezes and player shutdowns within the time-span of 1 english movie ~90 mins. I once again asked for an RMA after trying a bunch of things. Long story short - they still did not find anything wrong and sent it back. However the whole process took over 3 months - and now it is out of warranty. Check out the change in tone towards the end of this email chain - Gmail - Request for RMA - Xtreamer

I don't use it for extended periods now ; I use my Yamaha receiver only for sound. Can't use HDMI - Video is sent directly to the TV via RCA cables - because it doesn't crash now and I don't want to spend any more time on it.

The product is nice when it works but I have spent too much time on tinkering with it in the past year. I definitely would not recommend it to someone who wants a plug-n-play experience. Also 2 major issues within one year on a 10K+ product doesn't speak too highly on the quality aspect.
The forums and the "knowledge base" are not too great either.

I changed my ISPs today and tried the various online Xtreamer menu options (my previous ISP needed a dialer which rendered the Xtreamer unusable). Another 4 hours of my life I will never get back.
  • The HTTP web GUI works.
  • The FTP client is unable to connect - file transfer speeds is unbelievable slow ~ 1 MBps (but that could be a generic wifi problem).
  • Streaming content off a laptop works once you learn how to set it up - google's #1 search result for "xtreamer windows streaming" goes to my blog because I wrote it down the first time I spent a week fidgeting with it.
  • A few of the preset internet radio channels work
  • Youtube and other online video applets just keep the spinner icon spinning. I have a 700kbps internet line so that *may* be the reason.. Not sure.
  • I use it now primarily as a off-the-USB media player.

I bought the player after reading posts on this forum ; hence posting back for the benefit of people looking out for a new media player. I am gonna stretch this one out for as long as it would go - then get something else.

Last edited:
try a firmware upgrade or same version firmware flash.. that might solve it.. give it a try.. say 15 more mins.. might be worth it.. what say ??

Ive had this damned thing for 6 months and I dont know shit about Linux, XTREAMER only has a smartass email support team that Ive given up on. I have managed to screw up the SSD I purchased, the USB Flash with the OS that came with it, and now only have windows on it and it sucks!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME? IF SOMEONE COULD JUST SET UP LINUX FOR ME AND HAVE EVERYTHING ON IT READY AND PUT INTO AN . ISO That would really help me. 409-256-5674 ED [email protected]
:mad::sad:

Ive had this damned thing for 6 months and I dont know shit about Linux, XTREAMER only has a smartass email support team that Ive given up on. I have managed to screw up the SSD I purchased, the USB Flash with the OS that came with it, and now only have windows on it and it sucks!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME? IF SOMEONE COULD JUST SET UP LINUX FOR ME AND HAVE EVERYTHING ON IT READY AND PUT INTO AN . ISO That would really help me. 409-256-5674 ED [email protected]
:mad::sad:

buddy.. going that bold in font is called screaming....

first of all.. there is a dedicated xtreamer support forum.

second.. why dont you try the emergency recovery file via usb and remote codes.

third .. windows does not exist in xtreamer world. if you were successful to do . please share it with us as well.

on a serious note try doing a emergency restore. all the files needed are available on xtreamer support website and method to do it. if still does not work. it should be under warranty. go for a replacement.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back