Distorted audio in all HD channels of tatasky

rajiv_kulkarni

I have been experiencing this strange issue of distortion on all HD(only) channels in Tata sky. I suspected a faulty HDMI cable so swapped it with known good but did not make any difference.

I then called the TS Helpdesk, guided to fatory reset and no go either.

I suspect this to be a SW issue since the same HDMI port works absolutely fine with my HD media player and Xbox. Also if I switch to a SD channel audio is absolutely fine.

Also its pretty strange that when I connect the STB to my Yamaha via the TOSLINK audio is good (ok) but via the HDMI it is horrible to say the least. One cannot even hear a conversation.

The issue started only on 3rd Nov, till then everything worked fine. So as a workaround now, muted the TV volume and listening to TV via the Yamaha.

I am still waiting for an answer from TS, was told that tech would visit on 3rd Nov, no sign of him till now, guess he is also clueless.

I tried Factory restore, FW upgrade via the Hidden menu, running out of options.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

What sound system do you have? 5.1 or 2.1? And what system is the Yamaha?

If 2.x system or on TV speakers, it may be something to do with 5.1 sound. The surround (back speakers) signal may be going to the 2 speakers and the front speaker signal is not in play. But it works properly from toslink to your external system.

See if you can hear conversation if you use/connect to the headphone socket.

Hi,

It is a Yamaha YHT 196 comes with HTR-2064 receiver, it is 5.1 and supports DD and DTS.

TV is Panasonic 42X30D and supports DD too offcourse it doesn't have 5.1 speakers.

The Tatasky person just visited a few mins back and as suspected is going to swap the Set top box, let us see how we get on with that.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Re: Distorted audio in all HD channels of tatasky-update

STB replaced by Tatasky, everything working as expected now, will never know what went wrong. Service tech said he had seen similar problems elsewhere and everytime replaced the STB Box:sad:

Thanks,
Rajiv

I have been experiencing this strange issue of distortion on all HD(only) channels in Tata sky. I suspected a faulty HDMI cable so swapped it with known good but did not make any difference.

I suspect this to be a SW issue since the same HDMI port works absolutely fine with my HD media player and Xbox. Also if I switch to a SD channel audio is absolutely fine.

Also its pretty strange that when I connect the STB to my Yamaha via the TOSLINK audio is good (ok) but via the HDMI it is horrible to say the least. One cannot even hear a conversation.

The issue started only on 3rd Nov, till then everything worked fine. So as a workaround now, muted the TV volume and listening to TV via the Yamaha.

I am still waiting for an answer from TS, was told that tech would visit on 3rd Nov, no sign of him till now, guess he is also clueless.

I tried Factory restore, FW upgrade via the Hidden menu, running out of options.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

I have Sony DAV DZ 290 and DAV DZ 810 . I use DAV DZ 290 with Tatasky set top box(with optical cable) have no issues watching movies DOLBY DIGITAL OR DTS. The sound is awesome. However, all settings and speakers remain same, I face issue of Garbled sound/distorted sound (specially HD channels) with DAV DZ 810.
I interchanged speakers of both system and I have no issues with DAV DZ 290. The problem on DZ 810 is still there.
any advice please????

Regards

I have Sony DAV DZ 290 and DAV DZ 810 . I use DAV DZ 290 with Tatasky set top box(with optical cable) have no issues watching movies DOLBY DIGITAL OR DTS. The sound is awesome. However, all settings and speakers remain same, I face issue of Garbled sound/distorted sound (specially HD channels) with DAV DZ 810.
I interchanged speakers of both system and I have no issues with DAV DZ 290. The problem on DZ 810 is still there.
any advice please????

Regards
is the DAV DZ 810 AMP connected to Tata sky via Optical in ? Does the optical IN of DZ 810 work with other sources ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv
Try switching Dolby digital off and on from your Tata sky settopbox to check the issue exists with stereo mode as well.

is the DAV DZ 810 AMP connected to Tata sky via Optical in ? Does the optical IN of DZ 810 work with other sources ?
I dont have any other Optical out systems to connect. From the same Tatasky box I connect with DZ 290 the DTS / Dolby 5.1 out is good. But when connected to DZ 810 the sound just garbles... The speakers of both systems are good but the fault is with amp

I dont have any other Optical out systems to connect. From the same Tatasky box I connect with DZ 290 the DTS / Dolby 5.1 out is good. But when connected to DZ 810 the sound just garbles... The speakers of both systems are good but the fault is with amp
ok, it becomes difficult to test the optical in on DZ810, try connecting analog input of TataSky to DZ810 and check.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back