Distortion in KEF Q300

shailesh572

I recently bought a second hand pair of KEF Q300 speaker. It was sounding great untill one day i played it slightly at high volume to feel the punch of bass. I noticed a slight distortion in one of the speaker. I replayed it and noticed that the disturbance is only when the speaker plays low frequency sound at a bit high volume.
I then tried pushing the woofer cone gently and could hear feather sound of paper crumble.
I have removed the driver and noticed the driver has been repaired but there is no damage to the cone either from inside or outside also the coil is intact.
Can there be possibility of some tiny particle stuck inside the twitter component brushing with the cone when it is fully used?

Ohh that sounds bad. Do you have any pictures? Did you try swapping the speakers left right and right to left ? Does the same speaker make the noise? Also does it make the sound at all volumes or only at high?

You could try showing at pro fx service center who are authorised kef service center.

Which amplifier are you using? Just make sure you are not clipping the amp at High volumes

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back