Diwali offer time : LG projector HS102G

sand64

Friends..

LG is being offered with free screen. Model No.HS102G is said to palm size. Has some taken it??

views please.

Hi,

I guess its kind of expensive for this feature-set. Why dont you also consider Dell projectors? They seem slightly economical for the same specs.

regards,

Nitin.

Nitin,

My knowedge on projector is very limited. How much LG HS102G costing? How is Dell projectors, cost & feature wise. Cost of screen has to be added. I think LG HS102G is not suited for HD/BD contents???

regards.

with a $599 MRP, a release of early 2008, this one should be 45-55k in india.
i may be wrong but i dont feel that LG can match the technology offered by Panasonic/Epson/Optoma/Mitsubishi for home theater projectors.
For a LCD/plasma LG may have the edge for not for a prj.
If you have a 50-60k bugdet i would suggest u a HD65.
A liitle more and you can get a panny 720p (A200-not sure) which is even better.
If you are open for import options then one of our forum members santhol2 has got a HD20 for 60,600 which is very good price compared to what optoma india is offering.
A little more and you can get the best of the lot:
Mit HC3800($1300) and Epson 8100($1600)

Nitin,

My knowedge on projector is very limited. How much LG HS102G costing? How is Dell projectors, cost & feature wise. Cost of screen has to be added. I think LG HS102G is not suited for HD/BD contents???

regards.

Hi Sand64,

I'd just come across the following article in hifivision, written by our veteran, Vinay, on the same projector!

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/5470-ultra-mobile-projector.html

Vinay rates it quite well. May be I should suggest you to take an audition on it, with DVDs/BD of your choice and see.

By the way, what is its cost? I believe the Dell projectors should be around USD$900 onwards.. typically around USD$1500.. not quite sure though...

By the way, there are quite a lot of CE companies coming up with home theater projectors, hopefully this would mean a realighment in the costs, though cost vs performance is something we'll have to wait and see!

regards,

Nitin.

Last edited:
This projector will not be idle for watching movies and the screen which they are providing free is quite small in size, say about 44 inches.

The projector is great for data activity, i use it for more then 10 hours a day, the bulb life and size is out of the world.

Vinay.

Friends..

LG is being offered with free screen. Model No.HS102G is said to palm size. Has some taken it??

views please.

I agree with vinay on the same, these projectors are meant to be used for different purpose and are targeted at customers who need to present stuff on the move and don't want to carry the big ones around.

For movies , gaming and other stuff this won't fit the bill.

But you are welcome to audition and try out the same and post your feedback

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back