DIY 2x120W Dual Channel Stereo amplifier using TPA3116D2 and Bluetooth FM USB AUX Card MP3 Stereo Audio Player

When I did the actual wiring, humming noise got cleared by itself.

For speaker pop sound, I read that I have to use some speaker protection.
Since I did not have the components, I added a switch for speaker.
I switch off the speaker before amplifier, and that cleared the popping sound.

Here is final build.
I am happy with the final outcome.
I used 12V 30A SMPS powersupply.
With right channel volume (inside amplifier trim pot) set to ~60%, computer volume at 50% and main volume 50%, room got filled with sound.
Right now, only one speaker connected.
Thank you all for helping.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 59

Here is final build.
With right channel volume (inside amplifier trim pot) set to ~60%, computer volume at 50% and main volume 50%, room got filled with sound.
good job of using the hathway setop box.

Here is final build.
speaker protection boards are easily available, all you need to do is check with your local neighborhood electronics store and you'll find something like this, but not as expensive though. All you would need to do is to find a power source for the protection board from your amplifier's PSU and run your left and right speaker outputs through it, to the speakers. Its as simple as that.

Here is final build.
Very nice to see building with existing items especially for speaker outs. Well done. I have used Airtel DTH chassis for quite a few projects ( where smps were used) and it really worked well.

First day after the new setup. It went very nice. Meetings were so much easier to attend now. I regret, I didn't do it earlier.
Since I only have one speaker now, I placed the speaker back side middle 5 feet away for me. And it sounded really nice.
When I bring the second speaker, I will place them left and right.

speaker protection boards are easily available, all you need to do is check with your local neighborhood electronics store and you'll find something like this, but not as expensive though. All you would need to do is to find a power source for the protection board from your amplifier's PSU and run your left and right speaker outputs through it, to the speakers. Its as simple as that.
I looked through and found this has good reviews. Cost only 260Rs
What I am not understanding is, in this where will I give the speaker in connection. The one which you linked clearly shows the IN and OUTs
Also this one support only 12V.

After I introduced 150W AC-DC Buck Converter 100V-240V to 24V 6A-9A Step Down Power Supply Module, I found that there small electrical shock (or is it called bad earthing?) when I touch the amp or speaker terminals (I am not able to locate is correctly).
I am trying to fix that.
The whole power supply board is placed on metal chassis and in-between them is a 1mm thermocol packaging sheet.
I also made sure that, none of the electrical terminals are touching the metal chasis.
When I touch tester on DC output terminal (both on +ve and -ve) the light on tester glows. Is that normal? Tester should not glow on DC right?

My wiring is as below

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Use old type of laptop adaptor 19V 4A or above, having 3 pin plug & socket. Any SMPS with 2 pin plug (incl. new laptop/mobile adapters will give tingling shock, avoid these.
You are not experienced in electrical/electronic stuffs, avoid experimenting

datasheets says the IC has speaker pop sound protection, but in practical use, the noise does comes. Don't use speaker protection circuits, those are meant for Class AB amps, instead see if it has mute function, you can use it to mute amp during ON/OFF cycles
the speaker needs to be connected to Class D amplifier at all times, when its powered ON, otherwise the IC may get damaged if no speaker is connected at output.

Last edited:
Use old type of laptop adaptor 19V 4A or above, having 3 pin plug & socket. Any SMPS with 2 pin plug (incl. new laptop/mobile adapters will give tingling shock, avoid these.
You are not experienced in electrical/electronic stuffs, avoid experimenting

datasheets says the IC has speaker pop sound protection, but in practical use, the noise does comes. Don't use speaker protection circuits, those are meant for Class AB amps, instead see if it has mute function, you can use it to mute amp during ON/OFF cycles
the speaker needs to be connected to Class D amplifier at all times, when its powered ON, otherwise the IC may get damaged if no speaker is connected at output.
What I did so far to avoid speaker pop up sound is, a switch is connected for speakers on/off.
Before turning off the amp, I turn off the speaker.

You are saying, I should on the speaker before the amp.
Which is ok, pop up sound comes only during amp being switched off.

What I did so far to avoid speaker pop up sound is, a switch is connected for speakers on/off.

Class D amps don't like running without load, speakers should be connected at all times

Back