DIY 3-way floorstanders

sydney

Hi All

...So the journey began in this manner. Have a dream to own the best audio set-up but can't afford it at this moment. So started of with something really small a PC based set-up and Bose Companion 3 speakers (i know some of u will kick me for that brand).
Now m thinking of upgrading so thought of a 2channel set-up.

For the speakers thought of the below options:
(1) Mourdant Short Aviano 8 OR
(2) B&W 685 OR
(3) KEF C7

For the AV receiver thought of the Denon-1610 (but I think will wait for the 1611)

As for the speaker the idea of doing something on my own struck me.
Searched a lot on search engines for ideas. Finally found a site called "www.madisound.com" (sounds very familiar to a lot of u).

Searched a lot on the site for various drivers and shorlisted the below components for the 3-way set-up

TWEETER
=======
Scanspeak Illuminator R3004/6020-10, 1" Soft Ring Dome Tweeter - $160
MID-RANGE
========
Scan-Speak Classic 18W/8543, 6" Midwoofer -$188
WOOFER
======
Seas prestige L18RNX/P(H1224) 7 -$92

Please could u'll let me know if I have made the right choice. Suggest any changes.

Also please let me know if there are any distributors from where I can buy these drivers from India. Found out that "CORRSON" sells Scanspeak in bangalore. (Well is stay in bangalore but not sure if Corrson still sells). Also what can be the Customs related issues (amount of duty) if I import these directly from MADISOUND.

For the 3-way crossover will use the services of Madisound.

All suggestion welcome

sydney,i think madison sound offers complete kits for speakers,do check up on that.cheers

can any1 let me know if Corrson are still in business. I wrote a mail to them but no response

can any1 let me know if Corrson are still in business. I wrote a mail to them but no response

hi sydney - call Jeya of Corrson Audio at 0945517730-

i think they have stopped supporting the DIY community.

regds suri

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back