DIY - Black screen (paint) for projector..

elangoas

Hi All,

Have Egate P531, an LCD screen powered by a single LED light source, 1280 x 800 resolution, approx 200 lumens projector.. I would like to paint one of the bedroom wall & use it as screen..I measured the projected image to be 75 inch diagonal in 16:10 aspect ratio..

I have heard Black widow paint, but no idea on the materials, quantity reqd & methods.. Would appreciate some light on this topic..

Looking for suggestions on material required, colour of paint (brand if any), mixing ratio in painting the wall..

Not sure if the thread title is incorrect.. I would like to paint my wall with black widow paint (or) similar ones whichever would be better..

Have updated the projector now to LG PF1500W, a DLP-LED projector..

@danielnaveen2003 .. I recollect you had done black widow paint for Xgimi H1.. Request your help here.. (or) any other FM who has tried it / have suggestions..

Not sure if the thread title is incorrect.. I would like to paint my wall with black widow paint (or) similar ones whichever would be better..

Have updated the projector now to LG PF1500W, a DLP-LED projector..

@danielnaveen2003 .. I recollect you had done black widow paint for Xgimi H1.. Request your help here.. (or) any other FM who has tried it / have suggestions..

Elgonas you can paint a black widow ultra screen quite easily, it will take a day for all the prep work and painting 2 to 3 coats. I had written about the material used in the dark grey screen tread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/dark-gray-screen.66836/

I used auto air fine aluminum flakes, this is the specific one used in the black widow ultra project and its quite important to ensure you acquire this, using local alumium flake is not recommended as they are uncoated aluminum and they oxidize when mixed with the paint causing a tint (not visible to the naked eye but the projector colour accuracy will be off). Actually if you go through the project page in avs you will see that auto air fine itself used to be uncoated in the beginning and at that time they used a beige base to compensate for the oxidization. So perhaps you can use the local flake and a base coat of that tint. I haven't tried this but you could experiment and see.

Back