DIY Cabinet for my Safari's Ovals & its Audio Gear

ishlesh

Hi,

This is my six - eight month old project.

My Safari's Audio Gear includes:
  • Head Unit: Pioneer 6950 CD/MP3 Player
  • Amplifier: JBL GT5 604 (4-Channel)
  • Components: JBL GT5 652
  • Rear Ovals: JBL GT5 693
DIY - Rear Ovals Cabinet:
  • Nuwud 19mm Board
  • Beige Color Carpet Exterior
  • Glass-wool Filled Cabinet
  • Banana Plug Connections

Attachments

• DSCN0182 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN0182 (Medium).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture+097+(Medium).jpg
    Picture+097+(Medium).jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture+096+(Medium).jpg
    Picture+096+(Medium).jpg
    13 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture+098+(Medium).jpg
    Picture+098+(Medium).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 111
I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Seem remarkably strong for your car. Great job and very nice finish. Make sure you cover them up when not in use to prevent things getting trapped in the speakers like dust etc.

sir how many cu ft is the box? seems a bit big
does it have a partition?
would two seperate boxs under the seats not be more practical?

I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Seem remarkably strong for your car. Great job and very nice finish. Make sure you cover them up when not in use to prevent things getting trapped in the speakers like dust etc.

Thanks, They have been fairly able to satisfy my appetite - and hence have not even added a sub-woofer.

Shall also like to welcome you for audition - whenever you are in North (I am based in Chandigarh).

Regards,

Ishlesh

Thanks, They have been fairly able to satisfy my appetite - and hence have not even added a sub-woofer.

Shall also like to welcome you for audition - whenever you are in North (I am based in Chandigarh).

Regards,

Ishlesh

sir how many cu ft is the box? seems a bit big
does it have a partition?
would two seperate boxs under the seats not be more practical?

Have tried to give due consideration to the same.
The Box is partitioned into 2 identical enclosures internally.

Have given due consideration to VAS values for the speakers as stated in Brochures. The VAS value indicated in Brochure is 27 Ltr, and the internal Volume of each is about 29 Ltr + Glass Wool Filling.

2 Separate boxes under seats - shall not be able to comply with VAS requirements, and secondly not practical when seats are open/ occupied.

Regards,

Ishlesh

Have tried to give due consideration to the same.
The Box is partitioned into 2 identical enclosures internally.

Have given due consideration to VAS values for the speakers as stated in Brochures. The VAS value indicated in Brochure is 27 Ltr, and the internal Volume of each is about 29 Ltr + Glass Wool Filling.

2 Separate boxes under seats - shall not be able to comply with VAS requirements, and secondly not practical when seats are open/ occupied.

Regards,

Ishlesh

ishlesh
"Vas" is part of the theil small parameters of the said speaker.it does not mean volume of box (V box)
you have to use this parameter in conjuction with other parameters to arive at the box volume required for the speaker.
(Different for ported enclosures and different for sealed)

to give you an example consider a GT5 series 12 inch sub from JBL
its Vas is 54.2 litres.that does not mean the volume of box is 54 litres.
Volume of box when calculated correctly turns out to hardly 1 cubic feet which is approx 28litres(sealed enclosure)

this is why i say that you could easily do with much smaller boxs that would give you much more room in the car
such a large box will cause a boomy loose bass and drown your mids

however if youre happy with the sound thats all that matters

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back