Diy Linear power supply

Vjo

Hello, would like know, how to get started from scratch to build a LPS that requires a variable voltage from 3v 5v 9v 12v volt volt to run AD-DA converter .

Hello there Vjo. Welcome.
You probably need a clean dual output supply that can deliver 1A. Have you considered using LM317 and LM337? These are inexpensive and should do the job. TI has an application note that contains a suitable circuit. Google will supply you with many DIY projects that use these ICs.
Cheers,
~hp

Hello and Thanks a lot Hp, shall google and see , being new to this side of being diy, I shall read. Tks. vjo.

I recently designed an ultra Low Noise LPU using two stage filtering using BA00DD0WCP-V5E2 followed by TI's ultra low noise LDO TPS7A9201DSKR.
I actually intended to use it with Allo Boss + RPI Streamer. But before I could fully "enchase" the Streamer, by old time friend Abhishek [@AKT] grabbed it for his Allo DigiOne Signature and found it to be working better than even Allo Shanti LPU he bought.

I am attaching the Schematic and PCB Layout. The PCB / need to be re-worked for Bridge rectifier pads, which I can do if you wish to build it. The Schematic also uses optional 6-48v Opto-Isolated Triggering to turn on the power.

I can spare a PCB, if you are ready to work with the existing pads for the Diode fir the bridge .

Attachments

• Ultra Low Noise PSU Schematic.png
    Ultra Low Noise PSU Schematic.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Ultra Low Noise PSU PCB.png
    Ultra Low Noise PSU PCB.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 64
I recently designed an ultra Low Noise LPU using two stage filtering using BA00DD0WCP-V5E2 followed by TI's ultra low noise LDO TPS7A9201DSKR.
I actually intended to use it with Allo Boss + RPI Streamer. But before I could fully "enchase" the Streamer, by old time friend Abhishek [@AKT] grabbed it for his Allo DigiOne Signature and found it to be working better than even Allo Shanti LPU he bought.

I am attaching the Schematic and PCB Layout. The PCB / need to be re-worked for Bridge rectifier pads, which I can do if you wish to build it. The Schematic also uses optional 6-48v Opto-Isolated Triggering to turn on the power.

I can spare a PCB, if you are ready to work with the existing pads for the Diode fir the bridge .
Thanks a lot.

First sorry for replying late here and to the DM/PM of all other respectable members. Actually I am not very regular to this forum, and to the email box where notifications came.

I had sourced all the components from Element14 and the TPS7A9201DSKR LDO was around Rs 250 . So was the other LDO in the first stage.
unfortunately the Chip shortage has hit almost all the Electronics related hobbies, and almost all popular active components are out of stock ( Plus Aliexpress , the other refuge is long banned by the Govt here ).

I will be hinting the components from other sellers and update this thread accordingly. I must be having around 4-5 PCBs which I can giveaway to forum members. If someone needs PCB files, please DM me.

First sorry for replying late here and to the DM/PM of all other respectable members. Actually I am not very regular to this forum, and to the email box where notifications came.

I had sourced all the components from Element14 and the TPS7A9201DSKR LDO was around Rs 250 . So was the other LDO in the first stage.
unfortunately the Chip shortage has hit almost all the Electronics related hobbies, and almost all popular active components are out of stock ( Plus Aliexpress , the other refuge is long banned by the Govt here ).

I will be hinting the components from other sellers and update this thread accordingly. I must be having around 4-5 PCBs which I can giveaway to forum members. If someone needs PCB files, please DM me.
Sent you a DM. Please check

Is there a 3A version of the LDO too ? Because the ALLO DAC needs that much current. Shanti has a 3A and a 2A outputs.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back