Good power supply to upgrade the streamer

Hi,
You can directly import the Topping P50 from Shenzen Audio. They offer free shipping and also some discounts during black friday sale, mid year sale etc. The product will reach you on the 15th day through India post. They are aware about our import tariffs and value the shipment accordingly on our request.

But what was wrong with the ubuy link for iFi iPower2 I mentioned?

Nothing wrong in getting ifi power from US. Voltage converter is not required for using it in India as it can work between 100-240v.

I don't have any experience with ubuy and I can't comment on that.

Hi the ipower 2 is a switch mode supply and not a linear power supply which you are looking for.

There are tons of sales site on the net with unproven credentials. A short search will show up buyer woes on our very forum. Best to stick with proven and tested sources as suggested by our FM's from their experience as @PTP suggested. The cheaper options are not always the safest for many good reasons.

Hi the ipower 2 is a switch mode supply and not a linear power supply which you are looking for.

There are tons of sales site on the net with unproven credentials. A short search will show up buyer woes on our very forum. Best to stick with proven and tested sources as suggested by our FM's from their experience as @PTP suggested. The cheaper options are not always the safest for many good reasons.
I am not necessarily looking for linear power supply. Smps is also fine if it helps with noise.

My friend has purchased from ubuy once and had no issues.

Nothing wrong in getting ifi power from US. Voltage converter is not required for using it in India as it can work between 100-240v.

I don't have any experience with ubuy and I can't comment on that.
Also is the Topping P50 compatible with WiiM pro? Because it requires 5v 2a but it only has 5v 1a.

Also is the Topping P50 compatible with WiiM pro? Because it requires 5v 2a but it only has 5v 1a.

Power requirement for wiim pro as per their website is 5V 1.5A. Here 1.5A is a reference value and wiim pro will not be constantly drawing 1.5A. It will fluctuate between 0.5A to 2.5A or even higher.
So preferably you should go for a 3A LPS to avoid stressing the LPS in the long run. However driving a 5V 1.5A rated device with 5V 1A rated LPS will not be a problem.

If you are unable to source 2A or 3A rated LPS, you can go ahead with Topping P50 itself.

I am hearing from many that a good power supply can significantly improve the sound quality of your streamer and DAC. I am planning to buy one for WiiM pro plus. But I can't seems to find any on the internet. The only one I found is the iFi iPower2 on amazon but that is 9v and I want 5v. So where can I can a good power supply?
I am comparing couple of power supply with wiim stremer.. 1st of apple mobile charger, 2nd ifi i power 2 5v, 20000mah battery power bank, also nirvana ps and lastly shanti lps.. the ranking should be like this :-
1) shanti
2) nirvana
3) ifi
4) power bank
5) phone charger
Between 2 and 3 have very little diffrence noticed in my ears.. both are good but not the best.. the best is shanti.. have great jump over all of this. Note - overall 2 to 5 all of this a little bit of diffrence i notice. also i have a old hp 5v power supply thats also very close to ifi i power.

I am comparing couple of power supply with wiim stremer.. 1st of apple mobile charger, 2nd ifi i power 2 5v, 20000mah battery power bank, also nirvana ps and lastly shanti lps.. the ranking should be like this :-
1) shanti
2) nirvana
3) ifi
4) power bank
5) phone charger
Between 2 and 3 have very little diffrence noticed in my ears.. both are good but not the best.. the best is shanti.. have great jump over all of this. Note - overall 2 to 5 all of this a little bit of diffrence i notice. also i have a old hp 5v power supply thats also very close to ifi i power.
What is your setup that you are using the Shanti with? What Speakers and amplifier?
And where did you buy the Shanti from?

What is your setup that you are using the Shanti with? What Speakers and amplifier?
And where did you buy the Shanti from?
i bought it from Fabtolab. recently is out of stock but it would be re-stock soon.. now i am using RPI feed with shanti lps..

I have been using Nirvana from quit a while with Raspberry PI zero 2w, very satisfied with it's performance.
I haven't compared it with Shanti.
Below review compares both
Allo Nirvana SMPS & Shanti LPS Review
Yes.. nirvana also good with RPI.. previously using with nirvana rpi combo.. sounds great, now using shanti. better control in overall frq range.

All power supplies even power adapters and phone chargers !!
Now require a BIS certificate for import

If the import gets through that would be great
But
On the off chance the customs screens it , note that without the certificate it won't be released

The LHY
Linear supplies are one of the cleanest
Supplies you can buy
Inputs from Jay and Vincent make this product really top notch

The 25VA is about 16k odd INR
But inthink it pretty much runs everything except for amplification

If more headroom is really needed then the 50VA

But that pretty much covers most bases i would say

The cheaper ones would be half that price
But then they arent LhY

Every power supply imparts its own sound signature.

Once you start experimenting with various types, you will like them.

Over a period of time then we realize that though the sound becomes attractive, it loses some of its naturalty.

I had tried shanti, nirvana, ifi, different chargers, various power banks, 12v exide battery, 12v amaron battery, pencil cells etc, but later i switched back to my originsl purchased normal smps based adapter (5v) from fabtolab. I realized it was which sounded natural.

Then after all this i still feel that if our dac/streamer etc has its own transformer and does not need external 5v/12v power supply, then that is ideal.

Another thing is the design.
Majority external power supply do AC to DC inside them and output 5v DC.
Few power supply only convert to 5V AC.
The remaining conversion of 5v AC to 5v DC is done inside the equipment (eg DAC). This kind of approach works better than the previous one.

Last edited:
I am hearing from many that a good power supply can significantly improve the sound quality of your streamer and DAC. I am planning to buy one for WiiM pro plus. But I can't seems to find any on the internet. The only one I found is the iFi iPower2 on amazon but that is 9v and I want 5v. So where can I can a good power supply?
You are right, it makes a significant improvement in the sound quality and ifi figures amongst the best ( check the review on Darco)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back