Good power supply to upgrade the streamer

Venkyrenga

I am hearing from many that a good power supply can significantly improve the sound quality of your streamer and DAC. I am planning to buy one for WiiM pro plus. But I can't seems to find any on the internet. The only one I found is the iFi iPower2 on amazon but that is 9v and I want 5v. So where can I can a good power supply?

I am hearing from many that a good power supply can significantly improve the sound quality of your streamer and DAC. I am planning to buy one for WiiM pro plus. But I can't seems to find any on the internet. The only one I found is the iFi iPower2 on amazon but that is 9v and I want 5v. So where can I can a good power supply?
Please try at Fab.to.Tab website for Linear power supply

Please try at Fab.to.Tab website for Linear power supply

Hi :)

there are tons of 5V linear psu's to choose from depending on budget. But will have to import directly from their site :

1) Plixir - singapore
2) Ediscreation - hongkong
3) Keces
4) LHY- singapore
5) Teradak china - have on ebay
6) Glozone - have on ebay
7) HDplex - should have on ebay

there are tons of 5V linear psu's to choose from depending on budget. But will have to import directly from their site :

1) Plixir - singapore
2) Ediscreation - hongkong
3) Keces
4) LHY- singapore
5) Teradak china - have on ebay
6) Glozone - have on ebay
7) HDplex - should have on ebay
Can you link me to some reliable sites?

There is the iFi iPower2 9v on amazon. Can I just buy it and use a 9v to 5v step down convertor? Will that be okay or would that cause any problems?

Alternatively there is the 5v version available on ubuy but that had to be imported and more expensive.

There is the iFi iPower2 9v on amazon. Can I just buy it and use a 9v to 5v step down convertor? Will that be okay or would that cause any problems?

Alternatively there is the 5v version available on ubuy but that had to be imported and more expensive.
Please dont do that... try to find a ifi ipower elite. This is the best 5V power supply they make though not actually a linear power supply, it is supposed to be a damn good one for 5V.

I also doubt if there are any 9v to 5v step downs. Never seen one. Best is to import from ebay from LHY in singapore.

Please dont do that... try to find a ifi ipower elite. This is the best 5V power supply they make though not actually a linear power supply, it is supposed to be a damn good one for 5V.

I also doubt if there are any 9v to 5v step downs. Never seen one. Best is to import from ebay from LHY in singapore.
You mean don't buy the 9v one and use a step down convertor? Also my friend said he can build a 9v to 5v step down for me.

You mean don't buy the 9v one and use a step down convertor? Also my friend said he can build a 9v to 5v step down for me.

Yeah i suggested not buying the 9V. Though if your friend is skilled enough at electrics, then you can give it a shot. Though i've never heard of a 9V to 5V step down so far. But could be possible to hand wind a step down transformer for something like that I guess. But thats beyond my knowledge level sadly :)

Why not buy a 5V to start with and avoid the hassle :)

After chinese imports have stopped, its become really difficult to find a linear PSU these days. If someone can make LPSU with indian components, I think there will be a big market for them :)

Yeah i suggested not buying the 9V. Though if your friend is skilled enough at electrics, then you can give it a shot. Though i've never heard of a 9V to 5V step down so far. But could be possible to hand wind a step down transformer for something like that I guess. But thats beyond my knowledge level sadly :)

Why not buy a 5V to start with and avoid the hassle :)

After chinese imports have stopped, its become really difficult to find a linear PSU these days. If someone can make LPSU with indian components, I think there will be a big market for them :)
Because I don't find one in India.
How about this one from ubuy?

Also the link you gave me , I don't know which product. My budget is 10K.

Hi again :)

The ifi one is also LPSU. Best to check in the topping range or post a wanted post. I just checked on that LKY site I had linked, but they are like USD 600/- without import and customs charges. I think thats too much for a LPSU. Lot of options in china below 100 USD. Just have to figure out how to get one.

Because I don't find one in India.
How about this one from ubuy?

Also the link you gave me , I don't know which product. My budget is 10K.

If I import the iFi iPower2 from USA do I need a step down transformer as their products are made for a different voltage?

If I import the iFi iPower2 from USA do I need a step down transformer as their products are made for a different voltage?

Hi,
You can directly import the Topping P50 from Shenzen Audio. They offer free shipping and also some discounts during black friday sale, mid year sale etc. The product will reach you on the 15th day through India post. They are aware about our import tariffs and value the shipment accordingly on our request.

Slightly offtopic. Can we use 5V batteries (lithium, etc) to power such streamers? Anybody tried?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back