DIY Lm 3885 amp ...

Kannan_madhu

Starting my new project a Lm3886 based amplifier . Bought this few years ago to make a active system but don't use this modules it was lying around unused . And there was no diy activity for a long time so thought of building one now .
Boards are from eightaudio
20181120_122353-800x600.jpg20181120_122415-800x600.jpg
After attaching the heat sink
20181120_122234-800x600.jpg

8audio sends some cool and genuine products from Hong Kong. Those wimas and nichicons look cool. I have quite a few of these. Pm me if you have some problems in the build. Sheilding and wiring is tricky to prevent any hum. 8 ohm speakers preferred when using single chip design. Read the National semiconductor pdf of the Chip for guidance,

Thank you Doc , i did a test setup connected every thing and I did a test run and It worked. There was no noticeable hum its very silent . But the sound quality was not as good as my cheepa$$ 900 rupee all in one board . The presence and clarity of that board is in another level comparing with this . It may be due to the source ,also 3116 board has built in usb player for flac and mp3 .
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-bluetooth-fm-usb-player-with-amp.72584/
I tried this with pc built in sound card and my mobile . I will try this with my pi dac.
And pls suggest me a pot the one available local is not of good quality and starts making noise while turning .

Thank you Doc , i did a test setup connected every thing and I did a test run and It worked. There was no noticeable hum its very silent . But the sound quality was not as good as my cheepa$$ 900 rupee all in one board . The presence and clarity of that board is in another level .

if it is just for fun you should implement some tweeks(if applicable) mentioned by "Tom Christian" on Diyaudio and check how it sounds.

I have made almost all the versions of LM3886 even parallel ones from audiosector, 8 audio, MyRef Rev C. Among them the MyRefs sound the best. Unfortunately most single chip designs dont work well with my 4ohm ELAC UniFi. So with my time getting costlier by the day purchased the Emotiva BasX 300W RMS amp for the ELAC with the MyRefs running my Wharfedale 10.1s.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=i...AUIDigB&biw=1368&bih=802#imgrc=gifh3eIfF0KXpM:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back