DIY speaker kit in bangalore (economy class)

changappa

Hi Everybody,

this information is only for poor audiophiles like me not for those ultra rich who can blow off a fortune for a pair of speakers/cables/amplifiers:yahoo:.nd those who don't have a so close friend who can carry a 10 kg woofer from US to India.:eek:hyeah:

coming to the point if you are in bangalore then hit SP road. After entering SP road 2nd Left a shop called GLOBE who sells original bolton and dainty speakers also 2way/3way crossover network board(bolton).Two aged no nonsence gentlemen manage the shop. No immitations no duplicates sold there, purely originals, you have upto 12'' subs, These guys are slightly costly but worth it. You know what are all the fakes they sell in SP Road.

buy the speakers from here and boxes you can get plenty models near by ask these guys they will tell you where to buy. Assemble it. You wont regret the performance.For Rs 5000/- you will have a nice set of speakers. whatever the 12k plus speakers (branded) compare them side by side with the same amplifier you know there is no such a huge difference. And it may not be audiophile grade. but much much better than the home theatre crap.

In SP Road you will get good quality cables to connect your dvd to amplifier for Rs 135 to 175.

once again this is for like me poor audiophile not for ultra rich. If you have money to blowup visit Vectors in mg Road buy everything from the shelf. You know what the thrill going to sp rd buying assembling it listening it:licklips:

Regards

Last edited:
Dear Friend,
Would you help me good speakers for listerning songs .. I want to build 3 way speaker set for my computer .

I want to know, what kind of speakers are required and if you had explored SP road to find any sellers with better and inexpensive components

thanks in advance
Chandra

Dear Friend,
Would you help me good speakers for listerning songs .. I want to build 3 way speaker set for my computer .

I want to know, what kind of speakers are required and if you had explored SP road to find any sellers with better and inexpensive components

thanks in advance
Chandra

whats your budget for speakers? and for entire audio system (including amplifiers etc.)?

Great info abt affordable speakers, shure will visit this place.. do have nay contact person name we can interact..

Ohh! Its here.

This is the same way my current bookshelf speakers are made. From that same shop I purchased Bolton 6" woofers and 2.5" tweeters. Box front was purchased from nearby guy and inner filling and other packing by me.

So far, I am happy poor audiophile. My ~4K 2Way, front ported, 200+200W speaker pair never disappointed me since 2005. Same thing I am listening now. Still I love that as my main stereo system speaker. I moved Wharfedale 9.2 to living room.

Which size of speakers is most optimum for the woofer and tweeter? I belive that 6" woofer + 2.5" tweere is optimum for the design as mentioned.

When I last checked at SP Road, they did not have anything better than Bolton probably because there is no DIY speakers culture in India. Only if we could get better drivers there, it could really kill the overpriced imported speakers in terms of performance.

Hi, i want to make a 2 way BS speakers using the bolton 6" and 2.5". can any one let me know the model number of the above. Since i dont live in bangalore i have to ask my friend to buy them for me (he knows nothing abt speakers), does bolton sell a readymade crossover network for the above pair.

Are the Bolton's still availible at SP road, any rough cost estimates

Thanks

All - I want to assemble a 3way tower speaker set from SP road with a good amplifier (with 3 band eq). My budget can go up to 50K. Any suggestions on the combinations/shops?

Globe Industries in SP Road has shut shop as on yesterday when I had been there to look for some drivers. The owner,an elderly man,who was cleaning the counter said,'We are no more operational' with a sad face.
Other alternatives are Pooja Electronics & Rajdeep Elctronics.

Dude.. but Rajdeep has mostly PA application types. for home theatre they have JNM only. no raw drivers like Pooja electronics.

I have tested Dainty and many other brands available in SP road and I recommend to use 12" Pioneer Champion Series sub to be used at home.

With 25-49 litre sealed box, it can blow your roof just like theatre...

I have tested with 45 litre box + My room resonance frequency is 42 Hz.

Sandy

Sorry to wake up this old thread, are these SUBS still available on SP ROAD BANGALORE. I am looking to build either a decent pair of BookShelf speakers or a good SUB for my HTS (Yamaha YHT 196).

Thanks,
Rajiv

Buddies hi all, I can resonate with you all. To be frank you all want to create a space on your own and have a edge of being the startup or DIY to start with, but yet the point is we all have to start our journey, gain confidence, acceptance for own consumption or acceptance from Market for sale, so I want to throw a big party to you all audiophiles enthusiasts etc.. we meet we resonate and create best brand ever made in India. Together crowd funding and make it national/ global later. What your say. I am all exited

Hi Everybody,

this information is only for poor audiophiles like me not for those ultra rich who can blow off a fortune for a pair of speakers/cables/amplifiers:yahoo:.nd those who don't have a so close friend who can carry a 10 kg woofer from US to India.:eek:hyeah:

coming to the point if you are in bangalore then hit SP road. After entering SP road 2nd Left a shop called GLOBE who sells original bolton and dainty speakers also 2way/3way crossover network board(bolton).Two aged no nonsence gentlemen manage the shop. No immitations no duplicates sold there, purely originals, you have upto 12'' subs, These guys are slightly costly but worth it. You know what are all the fakes they sell in SP Road.

buy the speakers from here and boxes you can get plenty models near by ask these guys they will tell you where to buy. Assemble it. You wont regret the performance.For Rs 5000/- you will have a nice set of speakers. whatever the 12k plus speakers (branded) compare them side by side with the same amplifier you know there is no such a huge difference. And it may not be audiophile grade. but much much better than the home theatre crap.

In SP Road you will get good quality cables to connect your dvd to amplifier for Rs 135 to 175.

once again this is for like me poor audiophile not for ultra rich. If you have money to blowup visit Vectors in mg Road buy everything from the shelf. You know what the thrill going to sp rd buying assembling it listening it:licklips:

Regards
Hi,

I have no idea of Bangalore market but there is an electronic market in every major city where you get stuff like these. However my purpose of writing over here is not because of this. All I want to say that you have a desire/will to get some good audio related equipment's or cables there will always be an option to fit within the person's budget. Now a days due to internet, forums, you tube etc there is a hype for audio related stuff be it expensive cables, gears or other gimmicks but not all are into buying these and there is a vast majority of Indian who cannot even afford an decent audio system of 10K.

I remember the days of early 1980's the when I was just having a National Panasonic tape recorder (mono) and with that I attached a Local ampli- speaker box of 10W having just OK sound quality and fitted with a basic local RCA to 3.5mm cable but then also I used to enjoy that sound because there was no corruption of mind with these words like a audiophile, sound perfection, cable gauge, isolation etc.

So whatever you have and can afford easily just enjoy and strive for better if you really want to otherwise just be content and satisfied. Just do not call yourself poor audiophile. And just for your information there are many ultra rich person who in spite of spending a lot on audio gears & cables are not able to put together a decent audio system, maybe because of ignorance and component mismatch.

Doing audio gears DIY is a very satisfactory experience, one learns a lot, save a huge chunk of money but one should do it if only there is adequate knowledge of that stuff otherwise it leads to wastage of resources, time and money.

Dear Friend,

thanks in advance
Chandra
Check some relevant videos in you tube, you will get a fairly good idea. If you cannot assemble it yourself get it done from a person who has some knowledge of this stuff. Just be careful not to fit speakers in any random box, there are calculation for box volume. Impedance of speakers and wattage matching with the amplifier. Quality Crossover, damping material and box material all plays a very important role. All in all it is project in itself, one wrong step and the speakers will not sound right.

Make 2 way speaker, it will be easy and good for the purpose/application or else you can buy active bookshelf speakers of some decent brand.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back