DIY Speaker Stands for Dali Zensor 3

Hi everyone. Paint finally done. And here's the final product

Congrats ! They look good.

Update - wasn't satisfied with the bass response

Joshua has already said

Play around with speaker placement to achieve good balance of sound.

To my eye, from your pics, I note that the speakers are fairly (very ?) close to the walls and also to each other. LHS is apparently perfectly level

What are your room dimensions ?

You should I guess give some thought to experimenting a diagonal placement. I recollect reading that in small rooms asymmetrical /diagonal(*) placement of the speakers with reference to the room (they should of course be symmetrical with reference to the listening point, and millimeters matter) should be advantageous to both better stereo listening and and the bass response (relative to the original position).

I have messed my link wale notes but I think this http://www.decware.com/paper14.htm is what I remember reading.

All the best and happy listening

ciao
gr

(*) diagonal placement bole to one speaker is along one wall and the other one along the other wall

Last edited:
i dont agree soundcycle.. :mad:

i think the Bacardis will do a better job ;)

:D

is mudde pe koi bahas nahi Cheers !

My blind tasting notes on audio enhancer record that for me scotch works better than Bacardi, and that OM works the best of them all :eek:hyeah:

Back on topic

I was thinking about this over lunch and I'm convinced that I'd try out the diagonal placement. It should offer somewhat lesser reflections (at any rate at least somewhat further delayed) and excite the room modes (somewhat ?) differently
ciao
gr

Last edited:
Hi sound_cycle, thanks. The speakers are just 6 inches from the back wall. Room size is 10/11, but listening area is 10/6. Meaning the speakers and other equipment to the center of the bed which is the listening position. So bed is 6ft wide, I sit at the center and from my position the speakers and rest of the equipment is 10-10.5 ft ahead

Hi sound_cycle, thanks. The speakers are just 6 inches from the back wall. Room size is 10/11, but listening area is 10/6. Meaning the speakers and other equipment to the center of the bed which is the listening position. So bed is 6ft wide, I sit at the center and from my position the speakers and rest of the equipment is 10-10.5 ft ahead
To the best of my knowledge, Zensor 3 is back-ported speaker. At least, 12 space between speakers and the back wall is recommended. Your speakers need space to sing well.

Tried that yesterday and within half an hour 2 people almost bumped into them as they were in the way between the pc table and bed... So have again pushed them back with just about 6 inches of breathing space.

Tried that yesterday and within half an hour 2 people almost bumped into them as they were in the way between the pc table and bed... So have again pushed them back with just about 6 inches of breathing space.

I know what you mean, I could not type a PM expressing interest in a pair of maggis that were recently on fs because I had visions of a frisky cocker spaniel that is more or permanent resident jumping through.

What you did not talk about was to comment on, is what is interesting. did the diagonal made any it make any difference to the sound ? Sadly there is not much else IMHO with a nearly cuboid small space.

The only thing that comes to mind is to have bed perpendicular to your chair, but that is moot, the near field listening position you have is going to work better. take a look at the amroc calculator and see if you can optimize your seating postion

ciao
gr

OK. Shall try.
Hi Akhil..your speaker stands looks impressive..Any suggestions Akhil, if there was any loss of Bass or any quality after you got the stands as I saw that you mentioned in your post that there was some lack of Bass after you got the stands. I am actually going to follow your path Akhil, if you can kindly suggest me what all should be kept in mind and anything to improve the DIY stands....

I think you should try using spykes ,that will make a difference.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back