DIY Speakers??

Hey all..
Good Morning everyone😊

Can we use DIY Speakers for HT Setup?

Am sharing few links of YouTube channels who make DIY Speakers.. Plz do check and give your valuable inputs.

SB ACOUSTICS

ALBIN TECH

Thankyou in advance.. 🙏
Sure. Why not. If you like the tonality, has clear midrange for clear speech, should be good.

I always connect my movies and concerts to my stereo. I Dont bother with anything more than two channels and if you setup your speakers right you get the sharp virtual centre image(third centre channel) for free ! 😁

What is your budget for the speaker package ? I saw that you are building a atmos home theatre . In my opinion, go with any branded speaker package. if you have a very tight budget go with a satellite speakers and good sub or go with taga harmony or polk t series . so they all will be tonelly balanced for your setup.

SB acoustic drivers are expensive to other local drives and their box , crossovers , accessories and building everything will cost similar to a branded basic package . if you go with some local drives quality will not be there but maybe you can save cost . I would recommend you to go with a branded one .

maybe building a DIY subwoofer will works better . you can check this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-sealed-subwoofer.90404/

What is your budget for the speaker package ? I saw that you are building a atmos home theatre . In my opinion, go with any branded speaker package. if you have a very tight budget go with a satellite speakers and good sub or go with taga harmony or polk t series . so they all will be tonelly balanced for your setup.

SB acoustic drivers are expensive to other local drives and their box , crossovers , accessories and building everything will cost similar to a branded basic package . if you go with some local drives quality will not be there but maybe you can save cost . I would recommend you to go with a branded one .

maybe building a DIY subwoofer will works better . you can check this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-sealed-subwoofer.90404/
Thankyou for valuable inputs. Yes am planning to get 5.0 package first.. Later will add sub. My budget for speakers is 50k. I heard about INDIQAUDIO but their package is out my budget.

So taga and polk basic models are my next option as they are fit into my budget.

Not looking 4 FS as its rented house (living room 15x12). Looking for bookshelfs package.
Plz suggest me right speakers to buy.

Thankyou.

Thankyou for valuable inputs. Yes am planning to get 5.0 package first.. Later will add sub. My budget for speakers is 50k. I heard about INDIQAUDIO but their package is out my budget.

So taga and polk basic models are my next option as they are fit into my budget.
Then definitely check tage harmony , eltax it will fit in your budget well and aesthetically appealing in your house than DIY projects . Diy projects you have to think about the box volume, bracing according to the drivers.

I never heard taga harmony and eltax so not sure about sound quality but they are good for value and go for audition and decide.

Better try to include a sub it will change your experience . So go for LCR and subwoofer now and add later surrounds and atmos .

I am waiting for my avr to get in my hands after me also planning to go with a good subwoofer and later add speakers to my chain

Then definitely check tage harmony , eltax it will fit in your budget well and aesthetically appealing in your house than DIY projects . Diy projects you have to think about the box volume, bracing according to the drivers.

I never heard taga harmony and eltax so not sure about sound quality but they are good for value and go for audition and decide.

Better try to include a sub it will change your experience . So go for LCR and subwoofer now and add later surrounds and atmos .

I am waiting for my avr to get in my hands after me also planning to go with a good subwoofer and later add speakers to my chain
Ohh ok thanks. Which AVR you waiting for. and which speakers you are planning...

DIY depends upon your appetite for compromises. As a first time, I would suggest that you stick to some used speakers. They are great value for money. Hyderabad has many HT enthusiasts. Please visit a couple of FMs, listen before deciding what to buy. As suggested by @manek , Please buy a pair of bookshelves or floorstanders (I prefer FS over BS as I can avoid dead investment on speaker stands). Search forum for used Taga or Qacoustic speakers. These are easy to drive speakers - meaning basic AVRs can drive them. There are speakers like Pioneer FS52 or Elac which are cheap in cost but need powerful amplifier/ AVR to drive them. This should be good enough to start your journey. Save the big bucks until you figure out what is the family/your personal listening taste. Subwoofers and center channel can wait.. all the best!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back