DIY valve amp

saikat74

Hi guys...

I was planning on starting my first DIY project. A class A push-pull valve amp of 30w RMS. It would be based on 2 EL34 valves for each channel. I've got the schematics and all.

That was the plan, anyways.

Now the problem: I'm no good at electronics. I don't know jack about capacitors or transistors, least of all soldering. And I hear very high electric voltages are involved in Valve amps.

So here's a new plan: I'll get all the parts organised (imported, if I have to) and get a electronics expert to put it together.

So far so good? Well not really, i don't know of any any 'electronics expert'. We don't bump into any in my profession (Advertising).

So do any of you guys know of or have worked with anyone? Any place where i could find one?

help!

Yes I'd visited the site earlier. They've got stuff for speaker DIYs, & kits. Valve amps are slightly more complicated and require special parts (particularly the valves/tubes) I don't know whether they're available in Corrson/Lamington Road. Got to go there one of these days.

Secondly, Corrson is based out of Bangalore (I'm in Bombay), so that's a slight inconvenience.

Bascically, I've heard a lot & really excited about valve amps. Readily built ones are in the 40-50K bracket - Well out of my reach. So i'd thought of building it with parts.

I'm still in the lookout for a Electrical engineer, to help me with this project of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Saikat, where in Mumbai are u located?
I can help finding components.
Your post is quite old so dont know if you are still interested.

Hi,

Can you please share schematics for valve amp?
I would love to assemble one.

Hi guys...

I was planning on starting my first DIY project. A class A push-pull valve amp of 30w RMS. It would be based on 2 EL34 valves for each channel. I've got the schematics and all.

That was the plan, anyways.

Now the problem: I'm no good at electronics. I don't know jack about capacitors or transistors, least of all soldering. And I hear very high electric voltages are involved in Valve amps.

So here's a new plan: I'll get all the parts organised (imported, if I have to) and get a electronics expert to put it together.

So far so good? Well not really, i don't know of any any 'electronics expert'. We don't bump into any in my profession (Advertising).

So do any of you guys know of or have worked with anyone? Any place where i could find one?

help!

Hi guys... sorry for the disappearing act... anyways there's been no headway in my valve amp project... But i'm still interested... and looking out for some electronic help...

Flypig... I'm located at kandivili E Let's kickstart this project and learn

Lilovirus.... here are all the schematics and DIY projects i could dig up during the research

Audio Tube Amp Schematics

Consumer Audio Information

EL34/6CA7 Amps

Audio Electronics Page

Yes I'd visited the site earlier. They've got stuff for speaker DIYs, & kits. Valve amps are slightly more complicated and require special parts (particularly the valves/tubes) I don't know whether they're available in Corrson/Lamington Road. Got to go there one of these days.

Secondly, Corrson is based out of Bangalore (I'm in Bombay), so that's a slight inconvenience.

Bascically, I've heard a lot & really excited about valve amps. Readily built ones are in the 40-50K bracket - Well out of my reach. So i'd thought of building it with parts.

I'm still in the lookout for a Electrical engineer, to help me with this project of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Contact susheel anand of Nova audio in Mumbai,he was working on valve amps

Saikat, where in Mumbai are u located?
I can help finding components.
Your post is quite old so dont know if you are still interested.
flypig
I am looking to find KT88/6550 vacuum tubes in mumbai for my leben CS600 amplifier can you suggest where possible to find these tubes.

Trust you got the required contact to start the project.
It could be great to see the various stages...:)

regards
studiomaster

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back