Dlink wifi range extender DAP 1320

canchi

Bought this from flipkart, excellent delivery within 24hours. The device works well as a wifi range extender. I have paired this with the Dlink 2750u router. You start using the device by plugging it into a power socket in a room where your router signal is low.One way of connecting the device to the router is by pressing the wps button on the router and the button on the device, but this did not work for me.

I used the QRS mobile app downloaded from the apple store and was able to configure the device in 3 steps. Connecting to the device was a breeze thereafter with the supplied ssid and password. You could set up your own Ssid and password if you wish. To seamlessly integrate your existing wifi network you could also use the existing network name and password. In a room where I was barely getting one bar on the wifi network, this device raised the signal to 4 bars. All in all a good wifi range extender.

Will look at this device over the next couple of months and update this review later. For those of you who are looking for something extra,hang on for some time, the Dlink DCH M225 just released in the US is a similar device but will allow you to stream audio through the device to a connected speaker as well !

gy3ege6e.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this from flipkart, excellent delivery within 24hours. The device works well as a wifi range extender. I have paired this with the Dlink 2750u router. You start using the device by plugging it into a power socket in a room where your router signal is low.One way of connecting the device to the router is by pressing the wps button on the router and the button on the device, but this did not work for me.

I used the QRS mobile app downloaded from the apple store and was able to configure the device in 3 steps. Connecting to the device was a breeze thereafter with the supplied ssid and password. You could set up your own Ssid and password if you wish. To seamlessly integrate your existing wifi network you could also use the existing network name and password. In a room where I was barely getting one bar on the wifi network, this device raised the signal to 4 bars. All in all a good wifi range extender.

Will look at this device over the next couple of months and update this review later. For those of you who are looking for something extra,hang on for some time, the Dlink DCH M225 just released in the US is a similar device but will allow you to stream audio through the device to a connected speaker as well !

gy3ege6e.jpg

Iam using the same since an year. Also using D-link DIR-505 for same purpose but for shorter distance at work place. Both 1320(N 300) & 505 (N 150) are highly recommended.

Hi,

Does this have Ethernet out also? My marantz receiver doesn't have WiFi capability. I don't want to run cables around in my home. How does this cost?

@canchi - Just wondering if it cost the listed price of Rs. 2415 and why not go for a new router instead and use the old router to pair and extend the range?

I have a Netgear N150 and that's cheaper than this one and it works great for my duplex home (4 bedrooms, 3 halls). Even the Netgear N300 is cheaper and goes beyond the extender in terms of range and options.

Just wondering and my 2 cents...

@canchi - Just wondering if it cost the listed price of Rs. 2415 and why not go for a new router instead and use the old router to pair and extend the range?

I have a Netgear N150 and that's cheaper than this one and it works great for my duplex home (4 bedrooms, 3 halls). Even the Netgear N300 is cheaper and goes beyond the extender in terms of range and options.

Even if we buy a N300 new router, it will be placed in a room corner. It may not give strong signals in another room due to blockages in between..which happened with me. So if you need wifi for another device, lets say a tv which cannot be moved....and at the same time you cannot move your router which might be in your bedroom. So wifi signals for tv are weak....then what to do? Buy a N600 router? That's when repeater jumps in to aid. Plug in repeater to the power socket in which ever room/floor you wish and get quality and stable signals for that particular device. So repeater is not just about range but about quality and stability in a particular place of usage.

Hi,

Does this have Ethernet out also? My marantz receiver doesn't have WiFi capability. I don't want to run cables around in my home. How does this cost?

You have the answer already, this does not have Ethernet. One of the better wifi extenders that does have an Ethernet port is the Netgear wn3000rp.
Cheers

You have a point, I agree. Just that I can lug it around, here, there and everywhere, plug it in and it's ready to go.
Cheers.

D-link DIR 505 has Ethernet provision and is priced around Rs.1280 now at infibeam.com

There are a few problems with this device, which I had initially planned to buy, but was put off by reviews on flipkart and elsewhere on it's reduced wifi strength.

Back