Do anyone own Yamaha 367 ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

Hi,

I started this thread just to get the ideas and suggestions from guys who owns Yamaha 367 AVR. I want to get best of this system and may be somone from you guys can help me with the settings. I know settings also depends upon the room size, speakers and other factors but still may be some general settings can change my system's sound.

Help appreciated.. :)

Cheers..!!

Dear Friend,
What are the speakers you are driving for this AVR?
what is your Room Size?
you can just connect the mic for setting the distance for your Listening Room according to area and select the option in Auto setting mode.

@babloo.. I have Yamaha NS8900,P8900, SW-215 speakers with this. My room size is 10X10 though i am not sure about it. It's a small room.

I tried YPAD option but did not get any difference. Earlier i set the levels, distance manually. Still i feel there could be improvement in the sound and thats why i started this thread to get valuable input from the guys who owns this receiver since this is my first exp with receivers.

Questions in my mind are -

1. Equalizer setting - should i set the equalizer for each speaker in the amp or should i use the source equalizer ?
2. Somehow i feel that sound is not full. I get good high and low frequencies but mid range frequencies are not that fuller specially when i am watchin movies.
3. What should be the subwoofer setting. Currently crossover frequency in amp is 120Khz and phase is REV. I tried NORM phase too but REV was gud. There's a level and high cut off knobs in subwoofer. What are the ideal positions for the knobs ?
4. I tried using flacs as they are lossless compressed files but could not see any difference between my mp3s(320kbps) and flacs files sound. I tried foobaar but now using winamp.
5. Should i get a DAC or my pc is enuf to play music files ? Right now i am using M-Audio Fast Track Pro for sound output from pc.

Thanks in advance.
Vikram

@Amit: Obviosuly if anyone have answers for my questions, i'll get a reply. People on this forum are decent enuf and i totally appreciate that.

I spent so much on this system which was way out of my budget, may be thats why i am expecting exceptional sound from this system.

So i just want to know the diff settings as i am pretty much new to these things. I may not audiophile but i am a decent listener. :)

Thanks,
Vikram

you can atdjust Manually if you know the settings.centre spk should be about 70%,surround at 60%.L/R at 50% and sub at 60% and subwoofer Frequency at 80 hz.Try it once.you will feel the diffrence and please connect a Audio CD Player if possible with good quality interconnecting cables for better Clarity of sound.

Thanks Babloo. I'll try these setting in the eve today. Will update you once i am done with this.

One more question about the subwoofer settings: there are high cutoff and volume knobs in the subwoofer. What should be the ideal settings for them. Right now both are around 75% and phase is set to REV (both in amp and subwoofer).

Thanks,
Vikram

that is not an issue,for sub woofer it is ok,keep the volume knob at 75%,that is right,And you can have the bass and treble settings in your avr at +8 points.

Cheers
Babloo

Hey Babloo, tried settings as u suggested. Did some manual changes a diff is there now. Settings are not exactly u mentioned but near to them. Atleast i can listen diff between mp3 and flac... Thanks a lot..

Will keep updating..

Cheers..!!!

I tried YPAD option but did not get any difference. Earlier i set the levels, distance manually.
Get as best distance settings as you can. It's important to ensure that the sound from all speakers reaches you at the same time.

1. Equalizer setting - should i set the equalizer for each speaker in the amp or should i use the source equalizer ?
I won't recommend equalizers at all as they affect the most important 300Hz to 3kHz audio range.

2. Somehow i feel that sound is not full. I get good high and low frequencies but mid range frequencies are not that fuller specially when i am watchin movies.

Try reducing your subwoofer. Most likely it's overpowering all the frequencies.

3. What should be the subwoofer setting. Currently crossover frequency in amp is 120Khz and phase is REV. I tried NORM phase too but REV was gud. There's a level and high cut off knobs in subwoofer. What are the ideal positions for the knobs ?

Phase reversal shouldn't be required if you set distances correctly. Note that SW 215 has a down-firing speaker, so subwoofer distance has to be measured from the center of the top surface to your sitting position.

All your speakers can reach down to 75Hz. Your subwoofers frequencies go to 170Hz. Midpoint of this is 122Hz. So 120Hz crossover setting is near ideal.

5. Should i get a DAC or my pc is enuf to play music files ? Right now i am using M-Audio Fast Track Pro for sound output from pc.
the DAC of your yamaha RX-V367 should be best for Digital to analog conversion. Just connect your PC using a digital coaxial or optical cable. can

Thanks Amit for the reply...

Distance is a problem at my place.. this is a very small room.. May be when i'll get a bigger room, i'll notice some diff in the sound.. as of now it's ok..

My PC dont have optical out.. m not spendin money right now on any external or internal sound card as i'll change my pc in few months..

Thanks,
Vikram

My PC dont have optical out.. m not spendin money right now on any external or internal sound card as i'll change my pc in few months..

You can think of getting a media player (from Western Digital, Xstreamer, Iomega) which comes with digital audio out (some with optical as well).

One of the Xstreamer doubles up as Ipod dock also.

Check out the threads on media players for details and costing.

You can play your music from internal hard disk as well as from thumb drive.

Pradeep

Pradeep, i had Iomega media player with me but i did not like the sound. Plus when watchin movies it only outputs stereo sound even if i connect it thru optical cable. I tried each and every setting in this player.. so i dumped it.. :D

I am trying to get a CD player then i'll see howz the sound. Will burn some audio disc from my flac files.

Thanks,
Vikram

Back