DO blu ray players having Analogue Audio 2 channels outputs are bound to have DAC in

guptapankaj22

Hi all,
I have recently purchased Norge Pre/Power Amp 1200 with Tower mk 3 speakers of same company. It recieves inputs via ANALOGUE AUDIO INPUT JACKS only. Now to play CD, DVD and USB etc, I was planning to buy an DVD or Blu ray player.
DVD players mostly have listed DAC convertors of 96khz/24 bit or 96 HZ/24 bit in their specification and do have ANALOGUE AUDIO OUTPUT jacks in their rear terminals. But they don't play most of the media like ( Mp4 , AAC, MKV etc) which i own .
SO i looked towards Bluray players which play almost all the medias listed above and many more. But most of the blu ray specification page doesn't mention about DAC converter in them.
Now, few Blu ray players though dont mention about DAC presence or absence but have ANALOGUE AUDIO output terminal over rear part. one example is Samsung BD F5100 model, which i am getting very cheap, almost plays all formats and has digital analogue outputs as well. but nowhere in whole of manual is anything written about DAC. Now, my question is ; Is it possible to have ANALOGUE AUDIO OUT ports without having actual DAC in the system ? I am asking this because i want to send pure analogue signal of audio to the audiophile range Pre power amplifier to get good SQ music at minimm add on expense of seperate DAC. Thanks !

Re: DO blu ray players having Analogue Audio 2 channels outputs are bound to have DAC

If the Bluray player has analog audio out, it does have a DAC.

Re: DO blu ray players having Analogue Audio 2 channels outputs are bound to have DAC

Garbage in garbage out. Bluray players are not optimized for music. Do keep that in mind.

Without DAC,no digital player(CDP/BDP) can have analog out.

Garbage in garbage out. Bluray players are not optimized for music. Do keep that in mind.

I agree on your assertion. But the choice is between dvd player adn bluplayer. I think there is not much difference in the SQ of both cosidering the DAC installed in both (if present in bluray player ) of these are of same specifications mostly,

I found pioneer bdp have reasonably good analog out for the price.

It depends on your budget also. OPPO 105 is one of the best audiophile bluray player. It has a dedicated audiophile 2 channel analogue output stage.

OPPO 105 ..... has a dedicated audiophile 2 channel analogue output stage.

Take that marketing pitch with a LARGE grain of salt :D

Ofcourse depending on the system in which it is used, YMMV.

One example is Samsung BD F5100 model, which i am getting very cheap, almost plays all formats and has digital analogue outputs as well.

Hi, I have the same blu ray player. It has a Digital audio out i.e. a coaxial out and not an Analogue out. You will not be able to connect it directly to a Norge pre power but will need a DAC (Which is what you are asking about anyway)

I had a Panasonic BD 60 before this one which had analogue outs and did a decent job of playing music, although I never used it for music.

If you are seriously looking for a BDP as an audio player try Panasonic or Pioneer both are good, but be sure that you get one with stereo Analogue outs i.e. 2 RCA outs and not a single coaxial one.

Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back