Do I need a stabilizer for my Amplifier?

gudu

Friends,

I brought integrated amplifier, one graphic equalizer [pioneer], CDP.

Do I need to buy a stabilizer? I do have UPS at my place. Please suggest as to whether buying stabilizer is mandatory.

Regards,

Gudu

Hi All,

I brought a integrate 70W amp, a graphic equalizer and CDP, do I need to buy a stablizer for it?

I also have a UPS at my place running 24 x 7.

PLease suggest as to whether I need to buy a stabilizer.

Regards,

Gudu

Whether you need a stabilizer depends on the voltage condition in your area. If there is lots of voltage fluctuations then a stabilizer is necessary. A servo stabilizer is better than the common relay based ones. For your case a 1-2KVA servo is enough.

UPS can be used if it is sinewave. If not better don't use it.

Whether you need a stabilizer depends on the voltage condition in your area. If there is lots of voltage fluctuations then a stabilizer is necessary. A servo stabilizer is better than the common relay based ones. For your case a 1-2KVA servo is enough.

UPS can be used if it is sinewave. If not better don't use it.

Voltage is quite good, power goes once a day.

So I Have a UPS in place.

hope to get it within 3k INR

One more question.

Graphic equalizer, CDP, amplifier all are connected to stabilizer ie get power via stablizer or I just need to connect the amplifier to the stabilizer?

IMO NO!
Because all equipment are having necessary internal regulators or they have tolerances to work with 10% fluctuations on either side.

All can be connected to stabilizer. Add a surge protector also.

You have created two threads for the same topic. Request the mods to merge them.

I think that you do not need a stabilizer. But if you use a Belkin Gold Series surge protector, that will be better.

Some stabilizers when used in music systems make it sound dull. I think it acts as a resistor to free movement of power supply to your system when it is routed through stabilizer.

Gudu congrats for our new setup.Pic pls:):eek:hyeah:

DSC_0019_zps02ecabe7.jpg

From bottom to top Pioneer SG-9 Graphic Equaliser, SIA 310 amplifier, philips CDP

DSC_0021_zpsd0546202.jpg

Sonodyne sonus 6305

DSC_0025_zps15aaa759.jpg

Sonodyne sonus 6305

That's looks fantastic.... Especially the Sonus speakers.

Please post some pics of speakers without grills. Beneath the grills there is more to see....

Back