Do potted plants help in sound absorption

Hi,

Honestly, I didn't find any improvement in sound quality. The plant may be too small to tame my floors standers. But it does improve the ambience, especially the earthy scent it gives after watering.

View attachment 47789

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

A plant in a corner won't do much but your 4 legged friend can act as a bass trap.. Keep him in the room when listening to music...

Hi,

Honestly, I didn't find any improvement in sound quality. The plant may be too small to tame my floors standers. But it does improve the ambience, especially the earthy scent it gives after watering.

View attachment 47789

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

Try moving it to the first reflection point, somewhere in front of the curtain.

A plant in a corner won't do much but your 4 legged friend can act as a bass trap.. Keep him in the room when listening to music...

Did you mean ‘boss trap’?

I remember reading about an experiment sometime before about singing to and dancing in front of plants to make them grow faster and better. On a regular basis I whisper sweet nothings to my plants when I water them in the morning.

If you play Yo Yo Honey Singh to the plants, the poor things will wither away and die. NASA and ISRO will have to spend money looking for a new planet to give all Earth plants some chance of survival.

I remember reading about an experiment sometime before about singing to and dancing in front of plants to make them grow faster and better. On a regular basis I whisper sweet nothings to my plants when I water them in the morning.

If you play Yo Yo Honey Singh to the plants, the poor things will wither away and die. NASA and ISRO will have to spend money looking for a new planet to give all Earth plants some chance of survival.

Who knows, there might be some wild, trippy species of plants that prefer YYHS and his ilk!

Did not realise that the plants also act as cable lifters.. The extra oxygen makes the sound more airy while the Aloe Vera plants in the two corners act as small bass traps... Maybe the sound has changed or maybe not.. I think I will let the plants burn in a little bit before some critical listening...
Love the look and the place - lovely corner balcony w blinds? - except for the royalty red sofas :p ha ha! More of a zen earthy tones person, I am less into loud colors unless its a night club or PVR Cinemas

Since last year, there have been tons of articles about indoor air purifying plants and I went with Aloe Vera and the snake plants.. Small footprint, air purifying qualities (been told not true but ...) and some acoustic diffusion in a good way if lucky...
These are snake plant, highly recommended for indoors as they are low maintenance, watering to be done once in 10-14 days and look beautiful, I'm also planning of having them in my HT room next to floor standers. Below link might help.

Snakes are the best! Can't recommend them enough
Among the hardiest going around. And boy, the speed at which they spawn!
No harm in plonking a few pots in the listening room

Also need help on innovative excuses as to how to convince the other half that the big bulky glass centre table should go. I have run out of reasons to convince her..
What if you accidentally dropped something heavy on the glass?

What if you accidentally dropped something heavy on the glass?

I have been told that accidents can happen to me as well. I am scared of something heavy falling on me or just me dropping accidentally.. not worth taking that chance.. However keep your suggestions flowing as you seem to be on the right track...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back