Do potted plants help in sound absorption

Did not realise that the plants also act as cable lifters.. The extra oxygen makes the sound more airy while the Aloe Vera plants in the two corners act as small bass traps... Maybe the sound has changed or maybe not.. I think I will let the plants burn in a little bit before some critical listening...

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_142747.jpg
    IMG_20200724_142747.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 79
  • Living room potted plants 1.jpg
    Living room potted plants 1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 77
Panditji, do try bringing the speakers a bit closer to each other as well if possible. The setup looks beautiful !

Will do that today evening.. Tried the 1/5th ratio to place the speakers but just too lazy to keep moving them inch by inch to find the best spot... Will try and move them a little closer.. Do you suggest keeping them straight or a little toe ?

I used to toe in but found straight to sound best ! do try the 1/3rd instead of 1/5th ( 1/3 measured from inner side of speaker to wall..not center to wall)

Their current placement is 1/5th from the centre of the of the speaker from both the side and back wall... If placing them 1/3rd from the inner side of the speaker to the side wall, how far away from the back wall?

ideally 1/3rd but next is 1/5th and then move them by listening to get the right spot

Also need help on innovative excuses as to how to convince the other half that the big bulky glass centre table should go. I have run out of reasons to convince her..
From my hit and miss experiences, maybe bring aesthetics and not even to mention sound quality but in most probability she will see through and your next option is to just put a thick cloth over it when you are in for serious listening

Also need help on innovative excuses as to how to convince the other half that the big bulky glass centre table should go. I have run out of reasons to convince her..

Use the safety card - how glass may not be visible and someone might stumble. At least to get agreement on getting it covered.

@panditji if this helps...

Excellent article sir on the subject.. Areca palms have been on my mind since a lig time but my room is not very big so the leaves spreading out can be a problem.. Aloe Vera plants are thick and have a small footprint and hence my preferred choice.. Will try and look for more of such plants and place at the corners...

Hi,

Honestly, I didn't find any improvement in sound quality. The plant may be too small to tame my floors standers. But it does improve the ambience, especially the earthy scent it gives after watering.

Listening Room.jpg

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

The four legged member of the family is like, 'You can't be serious...'
If anybody has golden ears at home, it's definitely him. Even his choices of music make me feel that he is a more matured listener than me. While he prefers to relax by my side while I am playing Ilayaraja, RDB, Norah Jones he leaves the room as soon as I switch to Badshah and Yo Yo Honey Singh.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back