Do this threads have any meaning ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazee

I can see hi-fi vision becoming a place to chit-chat about any non-music topics...
though some creative liberty is allowed ........ should it go to this extent ?

Next somebody will be discussing their favorite perfume, favorite brand of underwear etc..............

Pls practise restraint.

Last edited:
Hi bazee,

One person is making this forum a circus. If few people try to restrain him they are asked to stop whining.. suprateep made his exit today from the forum i think. Dont know where this forum is heading.:sad:

Regards

At the moment, as far as I know, there is no restriction on the number of threads one can start in a given amount of time. There is perhaps also no guideline on subjects that one can dwell on in the general chit chat section.

In my opinion, this state of affairs need to change immediately. How?

Firstly, there can be restrictions on the max no of threads one can start, for example, 1 or 2 per day, 3 per week, 6 per month, 35 per year and so on. The numbers I have put are just indicative and can be judiciously decided on. I do not think, as music and movie lovers, we need to open more number of threads than the max numbers given above.

I know, to implement it in a hardwared way is not done over-night. That can be taken as a long term project by the authorities of this forum. But we can have such a rule imposed immediately and moderators can roughly monitor it. Any violations of the rule can be reported also by any member.

I have a feeling our forum needs such restrictions immediately in order to save itself from being completely hijacked.

I found no other place to post this, because the new forum rules thread is now closed, for whatever reason.

Moderators please consider it.

Regards.

Even if there are no guidelines you need to be SENSIBLE
I hope everyone gets the point

Even if there are no guidelines you need to be SENSIBLE
I hope everyone gets the point

Agreed. However, being sensible is a subjective concept. In any case, in a public forum I cannot dictate people's tastes. That's why it is better to have rules imposed and be done with it.

Regards.

Hi Asit
I hope the new rules are brought into action soon

At the moment, as far as I know, there is no restriction on the number of threads one can start in a given amount of time. There is perhaps also no guideline on subjects that one can dwell on in the general chit chat section.

In my opinion, this state of affairs need to change immediately. How?

Firstly, there can be restrictions on the max no of threads one can start, for example, 1 or 2 per day, 3 per week, 6 per month, 35 per year and so on. The numbers I have put are just indicative and can be judiciously decided on. I do not think, as music and movie lovers, we need to open more number of threads than the max numbers given above.

I know, to implement it in a hardwared way is not done over-night. That can be taken as a long term project by the authorities of this forum. But we can have such a rule imposed immediately and moderators can roughly monitor it. Any violations of the rule can be reported also by any member.

I have a feeling our forum needs such restrictions immediately in order to save itself from being completely hijacked.

I found no other place to post this, because the new forum rules thread is now closed, for whatever reason.

Moderators please consider it.

Regards.

Asit - instead of tying members' hands by limiting the number of posts in a time bound period, one can suggest the usage of the blog feature which lies unused right now. Although I do acknowledge that we can all perfectly get our job done even with a limited number of new threads:)

That could in fact be the perfect solution without hampering anything at all.

However like you said, General Chit Chat is just what the name implies. And I dont think there need be any restriction topics or subjects there.

I've just written a long post to Manu in his "mega awesomeness" thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/5886-my-mega-awesomeness-thread.html

I suggest that we give him a chance to control the threads he creates for the next one week. If he still continues, then we can discuss this again more seriously. I feel it is better to resolve things between members rather than calling in the moderater each time some small issue comes up. After all, India is a democracy, not a dictatorship.:) We don't need to go to the 'Powers' for everthing.

I'm not trying to defend Manu at all but his transgression has been more about exuberance and ignorance rather than spitefulness or badness. He has never foul-mouthed anyone here nor insulted anyone. I think giving him pointers and just a little more time might resolve things. Just my thoughts.

-Ajinkya.

Dear Ajinkya,

1) My proposed rule is not for a partucular member. It's for all of us.

2) What you suggest is good, I agree with it. But the problem is: this has been already tried in various threads by a number of people and has not worked. On the contrary, these suggestions have worked in a negative way, judging by the recent activities.

3) I am distracted, other people are also distracted and we are discussing these sort of things in this thread as well as in other threads. Is that what is desirable in a forum like this? Can we just brush this aside as minor incidents or regular happenings in a public forum when a large section of the members are very much distracted, to say the least. Well, I do not think so.

Regards.

Asit,

I agree with your observations. So let us stop being distracted by this and get on with the original purpose of this forum, which is to discuss all things hifi. I know that at some point more stringent rules may have to be enforced and I am not averse to that at all. Your suggestions of limiting number of posts, relevancy are all practical and good. All I'm saying is, for this particular incident, let's not all jump the gun and waste our time discussing ad infinitum. I have a feeling Manu will come around since he seems to be basically an open person at heart. Of course, having never personally met him, I could be wrong and then rules are the only way to enforce things. Hopefully time will tell.

Probably someone approves starting new threads, I know there will be delays but might be worth it and benefit the community at large.

I can see hi-fi vision becoming a place to chit-chat about any non-music topics...
though some creative liberty is allowed ........ should it go to this extent ?

Next somebody will be discussing their favorite perfume, favorite brand of underwear etc..............

Pls practise restraint.

Hi bazee,

patience will pay, and like jaudere says , "Let it be".:)

dekhon yaaron

i know i'm new rakhi sawant here now :D

brothers i just post threads which i feel connect to general chit chat and i'm not making this beautiful site a circus

there's no harm in asking anyone about his favorite things and asking about fitness

so i guess general chit chat means just general question

am i right or wrong

and yaaaa i'm definitely stop posting new thread for next seven days and guys if you say next month then i'll do that too

i'm not a bad person guys just what i feel i write here

i thought that this site is my new friend where i can ask anything though in the limit and i never cross any limit here expect as you all said about my multi threads

i made many new friends here and i never says any bad words to anyone

am i right or wrong

Last edited:
Hi bazee,

One person is making this forum a circus. If few people try to restrain him they are asked to stop whining.. suprateep made his exit today from the forum i think. Dont know where this forum is heading.:sad:

Regards
i know who is that one person,about suprateep i don't know why he is leaving i never said any bad things too him
don't be sad i'm not making any circus type thing here :indifferent14:

Last edited:
i know who is that one person,about suprateep i don't know why he is leaving i never said any bad things too him
don't be sad i'm not making any circus type thing here :indifferent14:

Hi Manu

Its just that the type of spontaneous topics you have posted on Hifivision here are more appropriate for Internet chat rooms than a forum. In global internet culture, forum etiquette is generally observed to be more reserved with informed opinions being solicited and exchanged. I think maybe you are not aware of this aspect of Internet culture hence people are a little exasperated with you. Nobody hates you I'm sure .. :)

Cheers

The depth and seriousness of various subjects with respect to video and audio, which is the hallmark of this forum is of late getting to some extent diluted. The number of threads unrelated to audio and video have increased suddenly. This may result in exit or hibernation of serious and experienced members and the newbies like me, who are in need of real help will be deprived.

Hi Manu

Its just that the type of spontaneous topics you have posted on Hifivision here are more appropriate for Internet chat rooms than a forum. In global internet culture, forum etiquette is generally observed to be more reserved with informed opinions being solicited and exchanged. I think maybe you are not aware of this aspect of Internet culture hence people are a little exasperated with you. Nobody hates you I'm sure .. :)

Cheers

may be they are scare that i break there record of thousands thread or they don't like me that in such a short time i made so many great friends
just my thoughts i don't know what is true though
:)

and as this threads headline say "do this threads have any meaning"

so can someone please tell me what is meaningfull thread :indifferent14: as i'm illiterate person here :indifferent14:

Manu ji

You bring a very high level of enthusiasm here. Must be the food and water of Punjab!! Lucky you. :clapping:

It will be a pity if there is attempt to change your energetic nature. However, you must make a call on just how much boisterousness is appropriate. This is a largely un-moderated and friendly forum, and limiting new threads is a good idea. You may also read or search the forum before starting a new thread. It will avoid thread proliferation and help maintain an optimised forum.

All the best!!

I guess anyone can create such a forum overnight if we talk about software/ hosting. It is only the focus of the forum members and passion on hifi topics that draws me here. Otherwise there are so many sites out there talking about anything and everything.

The depth and seriousness of various subjects with respect to video and audio, which is the hallmark of this forum is of late getting to some extent diluted. The number of threads unrelated to audio and video have increased suddenly. This may result in exit or hibernation of serious and experienced members and the newbies like me, who are in need of real help will be deprived.

my take

im a mod on some forums
i dont like any overmoderation myself
instead i always propose ways wherein fellow members express how they feel without actaully expressing it .(before a need formoderationarises) i find that way better than moderation
i will explain what i mean below
( i feel this is applicable on this forum too. since largely i have hardly seen abusive language advertising and unnneccary leg pulling in this forum. All in all this forum and its members have been largely civil and level headed)

i dont understand why anyone should be so frustrated with manu or his posts
why did supra have to exit ?

every poster needs encouragement
if no one ever posts on his thread
the poster dies a natural death ( in this forum i mean)
thats my reason for stayong away in all but one thread

if members dont like a members ways ignore his threads and posts.
i dont see need for frustration.
my assumption is
if one were to get that treatment in a forum one wouldnt stay there for very long would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back