Do you wait for THAT special moment in life?

How did you arrive at this magical figure of 29 ..... :)

Edit: Is that why a mig-29 is "29"? gasp! choke! PJ of the year?? ...:rolleyes:

Cheers

hehehe! mig 29 is also (code) named "Fulcrum" and the mig 27 = "Flogger"

why 29?- let me explain

a homo sapien male's younger days pass by relatively calmly (insofar as relationships and friendships are concerned). He lives in a brainless world governed by testosterone, with the younger aunts and older cousins (female) giving him ample attention, and no demands are made of him, no commitments are asked of him.

suddenly, at the (average) age of 27 (of the male) a female decides that this male is pliable and suitable for molding under her guidance, and before this idiot knows it, the pheras are over! (at this stage, the male tells all his friends how lucky he is to have found the female - she is the one who saved him from self-destructing!)

here gobble, let me digress a bit - as far as homo sapien females are concerned, there are three types in two groups-

Group 1 = ACTIVE = has two types-

(1) Frivolous bimbette (you have had it!)
(2) angry shouting shrewish psycho (you have had it!)

Group 2 = PASSIVE = has one type

simpering slave, you-are-my-lord-and-master type (look forward to a good life!)

getting back, this male, after two years suddenly wakes up from his slumber,
but realises there is no going back, and now, suddenly, has to fight for his survival and oxygen - this is when he starts getting street-smart and becomes sentient and an asset to the world around him!

that is why 29

cheers

Last edited:
Hahahaha Suri. U come up with gems too often.

I just hope your wife never logs on in here!!!!!!!!! I hope u have taken ample precaution to ensure that never happens!

Rgds

That was fun! But I'm sure most men realize it much later rather than sooner :lol:

Cheers

@Dinyaar and Vortex: I think you cricket fans should know this:

I am from a town that is one of the hubs of cricket in India- Meerut.
Meerut is the hometown of BDM, SG, SS to name a few. I personally know all of them and have access to free passes to some of the games played in India and abroad. Never been to one though. Infact, BDM people are childhood friends and we go out regularly.

Living around 'cricket gear and people' all my life, still I could never get myself to play the game. I do watch now and then....but thats it.

I am not sure, if this post has a place here and hi-jacking MOD's thread is good idea;) but, here is my post anyways...

Cheers!!

hehehe! mig 29 is also (code) named "Fulcrum" and the mig 27 = "Flogger"

why 29?- let me explain

a homo sapien male's younger days pass by relatively calmly (insofar as relationships and friendships are concerned). He lives in a brainless world governed by testosterone, with the younger aunts and older cousins (female) giving him ample attention, and no demands are made of him, no commitments are asked of him.

suddenly, at the (average) age of 27 (of the male) a female decides that this male is pliable and suitable for molding under her guidance, and before this idiot knows it, the pheras are over! (at this stage, the male tells all his friends how lucky he is to have found the female - she is the one who saved him from self-destructing!)

here gobble, let me digress a bit - as far as homo sapien females are concerned, there are three types in two groups-

Group 1 = ACTIVE = has two types-

(1) Frivolous bimbette (you have had it!)
(2) angry shouting shrewish psycho (you have had it!)

Group 2 = PASSIVE = has one type

simpering slave, you-are-my-lord-and-master type (look forward to a good life!)

getting back, this male, after two years suddenly wakes up from his slumber,
but realises there is no going back, and now, suddenly, has to fight for his survival and oxygen - this is when he starts getting street-smart and becomes sentient and an asset to the world around him!

that is why 29

cheers
Hilarious take, Suri! :lol:

Now that I am in the know, I guess there s no goin back, got 4 years more to 'smarten' up.

Hey Sumit,
Yes am aware of Meerut and the bat manufacturers there.

Am wondering how u could manage to not play the game sitting right there?
Rgds

@Dinyaar and Vortex: I think you cricket fans should know this:

I am from a town that is one of the hubs of cricket in India- Meerut.
Meerut is the hometown of BDM, SG, SS to name a few. I personally know all of them and have access to free passes to some of the games played in India and abroad. Never been to one though. Infact, BDM people are childhood friends and we go out regularly.

Living around 'cricket gear and people' all my life, still I could never get myself to play the game. I do watch now and then....but thats it.

I am not sure, if this post has a place here and hi-jacking MOD's thread is good idea;) but, here is my post anyways...

Cheers!!

Sumit - lucky you!

I dont know that the live experience of watching cricket might be worth it in Indian stadia. They are pathetic. Unless you are getting into the VIP lounge or something, the TV is the best place. Unless of course you are young and single and want to get a fill of the experience. :)

About not getting into the game, I understand. Sometimes, familiarity does breed contempt as they say:)

At the outset, these are my personal views so no offence meant to anybody.

The growth of the city is certainly putting enormous pressure on the city's infrastructure. The roads have too much traffic, there are no footpaths, and, a little rain, pedestrians are forced walk in the middle of the road. In most roads you will be happy if you can drive at more than 20KMPH.

The lack of enough buses have resulted in something called a 'share auto'. This is a small three wheeled or four wheeled vehicle that carries something like 10 or 12 people packed like sardines. The drivers of these share autos are kings of the road. They drive where they want, park where they want, and honk at you continuously.

Two wheeler drivers and drivers of three wheeler autos are what I call 'cockroaches'. If they see an inch some where, they will just poke their nose in and create an instant traffic jam. Traffic rules and traffic lights have no meaning for them.

Two days of rain, and the roads are full of water. All the roads develop instant pot holes which are invariably 'repaired' just before the next rains. The Municipal Corporation, makes heroic efforts to help people from water logged areas, but I cannot understand why they can never think of a long term solution. Something like 50,000 new houses are coming up in a 10 KM stretch with no sanitation, no waste disposal, no water and other basic infrastructure mechanism in place.

In all these cases, the state government and police have been a complete failure. In a conversation sometime ago, when I posed this question to the Police Commissioner, he just shrugged his shoulders and said there are too many vehicles, and people have to follow rules. And what are his people doing? Giving protection to VIPs, and blocking traffic when some idiotic leader is driving somewhere.

The culture of the city is also changing. The city is becoming more cosmopolitan. Most restaurants and beauty parlours are now overflowing with young girls from Nepal, Bhutan, NEFA, and Arunachal Pradhesh. I am sure, in time, this will lead to the inevitable exploitation of these girls by unsavoury elements. People without jobs in the northern states are flowing in hordes into the city and changing the landscape of the city. Road anger is becoming very common as is the use of rude language in everyday conversation.

The city has it's areas that behave differently. North Chennai is changing dramatically allowing the influx of people. South Chennai is more sedate with house owners being careful in the kind of tenants they take in.

The state government is competing with Mumbai, and is creating a financial district spread over some 200 acres. This will only add to more people shifting to the city and more confusion.

Fortunately, some areas of the official mechanism is yet sticking to old age ideas intermixed with modern e-governance. E-Governance is Chennai is one of the best in the country. Every aspect of the official machinery is computerised and you can access everything through the Net. Paying things like water tax and property tax is a breeze, as is getting water, milk, gas, etc.

Though there are some instances of violence, Chennai (touch wood) is yet peaceful, and people do not walk around with lathis in their hand. But I am very much afraid it is only a question of time.

My wife and I have decided to retire in Coimbatore and are already looking at property there that we can occupy in some 10 to 15 years.

Cheers

The way you describe Chennai traffic is exactly how I describe how Hyderabad is :) When i visited Chennai many years i found it to be probably a better planned city. Hyderabad is actually a town outgrown into a city

The way you describe Chennai traffic is exactly how I describe how Hyderabad is :) When i visited Chennai many years i found it to be probably a better planned city. Hyderabad is actually a town outgrown into a city

Start planning to retire in Yelagiri hills !!!!!! :)

Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back