Do you want to cut the cord?

"Cut the cord" is standard speak these days for disconnecting cable/DTH :)

True , that's the spark flashed through my mind once I came across this word;)

+1;lby

I describe movie watching experience on prime as gentle and silent. Extremely clear dialog delivery on my Klipsch center speaker enables me to keep overall volume less. That males it less disturbing to other members of my family and neighbors esp. at night. Very satisfying.

But all is not well. Surround rear channels are very weak.

True, moved to firetv few months back, dolby experience is more evident on prime

Same disconnected my dish tv and moved to nvidia shield for watching tv or sometimes sports i use jio tv

If one already has high-speed BB with decent data per month, streaming is worth exploring.
It has its advantages and shortcomings, but these definitions vary from user to user.
Disabled DTH in 2018, convinced parents to disable cable in 2019.
It is working out OK for both households

Cheers,
Raghu

Friends from my experience BSNL 4GB plan is working well for streaming. After 4GB daily limit speed reduces to 2MBps which is sufficient to stream buffer free. I easily get 1080P even at 2mpbs on amazon prime.

Friends from my experience BSNL 4GB plan is working well for streaming. After 4GB daily limit speed reduces to 2MBps which is sufficient to stream buffer free. I easily get 1080P even at 2mpbs on amazon prime.
4GB? Man that is very limited data.
These days "affordable" plans are something like:
100Mbps, 300GB
200Mbps, 650GB
etc

Cheers,
Raghu

BSNL offers 500 GB/750 GB/1000 GB pm plans without daily limit too. On Copper speed is 10 mbps. More than enough I guess. BSNL also offers 50/100 mbps plans via fiber starting at 499 pm.

If you are into Hotstar, BSNL has dedicated hotstar plans too. In 749/949 300/500 GB plan hotstar subscription is free of cost. Both plans are available on Copper & Fiber both.

BSNL offers 500 GB/750 GB/1000 GB pm plans without daily limit too. On Copper speed is 10 mbps. More than enough I guess. BSNL also offers 50/100 mbps plans via fiber starting at 499 pm.

If you are into Hotstar, BSNL has dedicated hotstar plans too. In 749/949 300/500 GB plan hotstar subscription is free of cost. Both plans are available on Copper & Fiber both.

Thanks for the info. BSNL is really slow. 4G is not launched yet in Pune. Waiting for BSNL fiber in my area, already applied for it but no response from BSNL So getting BB through landline is only option and hence limited plans. Having said this BSNL is most honest company and internet speed is good and consistent.

Sports is the only reason I am still hanging to DTH. The day we have live streaming at 60 FPS, I am cutting my cord.

Sports is the only reason I am still hanging to DTH. The day we have live streaming at 60 FPS, I am cutting my cord.

That’s my reason too. And probably the primary reason to retain DTH for most users comfortable with streaming apps.

I cut my cable 2 years back and couldn't be happier. I was only using it to listen to Arnab Goswami and watching a few other news channels and lots of ads. Glad that I disconnected and retained my sanity. No one in family is missing it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back