Does a lack of bass frequencies make me turn up the volume?

With 97dB sensitivity you are good but is impedance plot of your speakers available to check ?

Dared amps have very lean OPTs, not much in the low end I suspect.

Your speakers will mate very well with a nice tube amp.

Put a nice preamp in the chain. Your best and most vfm bet is the JC2 clone, all discrete, through hole components and no opamps. Make sure it has original JFETs.

Try it and your setup will get transformed and you may have second thoughts on adding a sub.
Thanks !
I quite like how it sounds with the Croft. (Except for that last bit of bass heft)
Maybe in the future a Decware Zen triode may float into my orbit. It is mentioned by a few users as a very nice match for these. At the moment I am not considering adding a preamp.

Do you remember the song?
The "Tears In Heaven" track (where he moans the untimely demise of his four-year-old son, Conor, who died on 20 March 1991 when he accidentally slipped from the 53rd-floor window of a New York City apartment building) is one of my favorite & also an audiophile reference track for me.

There is a Deep Thud in the background.... which I think is Clapton's foot tapping (not a drum) picked up by a floorboard mic.

The Thud is such deep bass (Low Freq) that many systems do not reproduce it, and it goes unheard.

Most of them have it..I measured it digitally between a transport and dac. Try signe/Hey Hey hey itself
How does one measure it, can you pleased provide some details ?

Thanks

Thanks for taking me back on memory lane. I checked the 1992 video, it's the kick drum in the background.
Can you please share the (MTV Unplugged) video link and the Time stamp when a kick drum is being played against that thud (every few seconds).

Thanks

Can you please share the (MTV Unplugged) video link and the Time stamp when a kick drum is being played against that thud (every few seconds).

Thanks

The song is at 80bpm, that's a kick drum every 1.3 seconds.

You can see the drummer playing a Shaker, but there's no camera for the kick drum. There are times Clapton doesn't tap his foot but the kick drum continues. You'll have to wade through the pixellation.

The song is at 80bpm, that's a kick drum every 1.3 seconds.

You can see the drummer playing a Shaker, but there's no camera for the kick drum. There are times Clapton doesn't tap his foot but the kick drum continues. You'll have to wade through the pixellation.
Sorry aeroash... The video is just too pixelated to see or infer anything. Sadly there is no HD Video of this on the net. Maybe if someone has a DVD of the performance .....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back